jigging spot in singapore

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

noobANGLER
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure fishing and handline fishing and squid fishing

jigging spot in singapore

Post by noobANGLER »

Anybody know where can i jig onshore or offshore???

I am getting into jigging and popping,bought a metal jig and made a popper.

If any,tell me!!!

Thank you!! :D

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: jigging spot in singapore

Post by Peace »

For onshore, you can try the spot beside SAFYC for queenfish or the causeway at St John's island. Shore spots are mostly restricted to horizontal jigging due to the depth. For offshore, you can look at boats charters operating at southern islands especially those that fish near reef areas. You will get a chance to jig a few species of trevallies, groupers and snappers.

One particular charter I've seen can bring you to spots specifically for jigging, check out http://thoptimumfishing.wordpress.com/

noobANGLER
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by noobANGLER »

Peace wrote:For onshore, you can try the spot beside SAFYC for queenfish or the causeway at St John's island. Shore spots are mostly restricted to horizontal jigging due to the depth. For offshore, you can look at boats charters operating at southern islands especially those that fish near reef areas. You will get a chance to jig a few species of trevallies, groupers and snappers.

One particular charter I've seen can bring you to spots specifically for jigging, check out http://thoptimumfishing.wordpress.com/
I see.There r quite big number of big fish!The grouper is soo big!And may i know where can i board the boat??And may i have the phone number??

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Here's his name card, you can find this in his blog as well. Boarding with be at RSYC (West Coast). Happy Chinese New Year to you too. :)

noobANGLER
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by noobANGLER »

Peace wrote:Here's his name card, you can find this in his blog as well. Boarding with be at RSYC (West Coast). Happy Chinese New Year to you too. :)

Thanks 4 your advice but how much will it cost for each person??Srry. :o

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

You really should call and enquire the boatman, I believe you will want to know more than just the price. From what I recall the boat takes 5 anglers max at $380, do call to verify.