My First Try on Sunset

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing

My First Try on Sunset

Post by desleyhan »

Hi All,

My first try on taking photos with my Nikon Copolpix S7 on Sunsets at Labrador Park today at about 6:30pm.

Well, didn't quite know how to get the flare of the Sun. It did appeared on my 3.0" screen but not on the photos even though I have tone down the exposure.

Got a consulation Spanish Flag Snapper (if I'm right on the name) ... but somehow dragged it too hard and broke its lips ... quickly took a pic and send it back off. Hope it'll survive.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Very nice shot desleyhan. It's difficult to capture the sun's flare because the light directly from the sun is too intense compared to the light reflected from the surroundings. To capture the flare, you need to reduce the exposure time by setting the 'exposure compensation" to negative steps. However, that would make everything else too dark. :p Maybe some sort of a filter will help, have to ask domvonn. :eyebrow:

I've never tried fishing at this part of Labrador Park. How is the bite rate and ease of fishing over there, any encounters with groupers in these rocky areas? Yes, that's a Spanish Flag Snapper, one of my favourite fish. :grin:

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by desleyhan »

OK domvonn, please share some light on capturing the sun's flare with my camera.

Peace - the bite rate was slow as the tide was turning down on us. Encountering just small bites from the tips of my rods.

And yes, its pretty rocky there. Got snagged a couple of times even though we used floats.

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

hehe not much exp on capturing flare...i suppose a ND filter would suffice/
why wanna capture flare? nice ? :lol: :yay:
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

Nice snapper u got there.... nvr get any of those before.... from my past experiences, the bite rate there can be awesome at some times but on bad days 1 or 2 fish will be considered good. the first and second time i went there i got nothing but on the 3rd time i got 20+ fish on 1 whole day trip. i think i onli went there 5 times as it is freaking far from my house. The fourth and the fifth time i think i only get 5 -7 fish.
An Ordinary BoY FiSHiNG ALL RoUnD SiNGaPORe

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Kpo in the house again ...

desley , this is for you de. :nod:Image
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

haha.....
An Ordinary BoY FiSHiNG ALL RoUnD SiNGaPORe

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by desleyhan »

yo ... domvonn ... you're the man!