Chan turtle

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

johnny110673
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by johnny110673 »

Thanx Peace! I have to conclude that it's a mix. When i jahler at that spot always come up wit the silverside and glasseye(see beh siong this fella esp when they kenna one school) And of course the gd ol occasional haul of Live prawns!! ;) :thumbsup:

Can you advice the best tide and lunar timing, i dnt mind organising. If we are spot on theres going to be enuff for evryone esp those guys who want to fish after.This probably going to be a 8-12hr stint,means getting bait and wait for the tide run in to fish :mischieve:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

So it's silverside afterall, I don't think they're good as baits too ya. As for the timing, I'd suggest a day with incoming tide as nightfall begins. Prawns are pretty active when the tide comes in and night is also the time when you're more likely to see swa lor come out. This would be a good time to fish as well.

I think May 1st would be the closest fit, but be prepared for the crowd. ;) What's your experience with net casting at Sembawang?