afraid the tilapa popluation went down

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

weaver
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure Fishing,offshore fishing and prawning

afraid the tilapa popluation went down

Post by weaver »

ermmm..i went to a illegal spot near my house and fish and i saw some china man catching the fish there they caught 10 to 12 tilapa and put it in the pastic bag(guessing they plan to eat) :( :cry: :cry: im afaid tilapa will be getting lesser and lesser as i saw some peacock bass there too :( ..btw i go there is catch and realease some times feed the fish de i today going there to check is there any more tilapa. :o

lamerzia
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Fly fishing, Lure fishing, Crabbing, Surf fishing, Handlining

Re: afraid the tilapa popluation went down

Post by lamerzia »

weaver wrote:ermmm..i went to a illegal spot near my house and fish and i saw some china man catching the fish there they caught 10 to 12 tilapa and put it in the pastic bag(guessing they plan to eat) :( :cry: :cry: im afaid tilapa will be getting lesser and lesser as i saw some peacock bass there too :( ..btw i go there is catch and realease some times feed the fish de i today going there to check is there any more tilapa. :o
Where is this illegal spot ?

weaver
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by weaver »

eh i go le still ok leh...still alot i caught some and i realease i saw singaporeans bringing back too they are aiming for big ones
lamerzia wrote:
weaver wrote:ermmm..i went to a illegal spot near my house and fish and i saw some china man catching the fish there they caught 10 to 12 tilapa and put it in the pastic bag(guessing they plan to eat) :( :cry: :cry: im afaid tilapa will be getting lesser and lesser as i saw some peacock bass there too :( ..btw i go there is catch and realease some times feed the fish de i today going there to check is there any more tilapa. :o
Where is this illegal spot ?
eh..i private message you ok? i not sure can expose the fishing place

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Tilapias like most cichlids are very adaptive and breed fast. It's not just the people fishing them that slows their reproduction but also other species of cichlids fighting for space and food. They're probably the last few fish to go extinct in Singapore though. :p

weaver
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by weaver »

this is what i caught yesterday
i didnt bring back the fish but the worker said he wanted a few of those fish so i and my friend caught some and gave him the other small ones we release :)
i also saw some other fishes that people release into the waters examples. koi,toman, huran and peacock bass..i saw other species of chihlids too the mayan chihlid and a pink colour tilapa but the pink tilapa didnt took my bait.. :(
btw i saw some small peacock bass :) but i didnt manage to catch them..the small peacock bass is so cute :grin: :grin:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Those tilapia are of quite decent sizes, good catch. Have you tried using lures? Maybe the peacock bass and haruans wants something it can chase. :p

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

Well....im sure tilapias will become stronger(in population numbers)
There not going to be pushed out of singapore as long there is water in here.
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

Simplicity
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Handline fishing !

Post by Simplicity »

ACC black tilapia!