Updates (latest)

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Updates (latest)

Post by stout infantfish »

You guys heard about the news that Woodlands Waterfront may allow live baits?(Straits Times 12th March 2012).Well thats good new!Tried fishing there with lures is tiring and a waste of time.I was using my rapala lures to catch baracuddas but got nothing. Instead the regulars who use live baits got better results.Anyway,FYI,once a while there might be NEA officers patrolling the jetty,dont get caught trying to outsmart them especially the female ones who dish out summons like free packets of tissue paper.All the best in your fishing there.Tips (more fish in the day than night) however,day time can get extremely warm.Cheers

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Updates (latest)

Post by Peace »

Thanks delivering the good news. I think it was silly in the first place that they banned baits due to littering. It's the same situation on every fishing spot, why just pin it on woodlands waterfront? It was a lazy solution to deal with a complaint from the public.

It's a good reminder though, to anglers that they should not only keep the place clean but also practise safety dealing with fishing hooks. There are fishing spots already lost due to anglers' selfishness and carelessness, so do your bit to clean up after fishing and check clear before you cast. :nod:

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: Updates (latest)

Post by dBs™ »

Read that piece of news too ...

Pretty interesting they choose to ban it and remove the ban later(now).
Banning is never a solution to any problems ... the cause is still there.
So education is probably a better way ...
And anglers do our little part by keeping our fishing grounds clean too. :)