Punggol Jetty Catch

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Punggol Jetty Catch

Post by stout infantfish »

What is the english name of this catfish species peace?This is my first fish which i caught (45cm) .I hope it is clear enough for you to identify.Thanks,appreciate. :)
Last edited by stout infantfish on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

My Tamban Jigging Rod

This is my light fishing gear an Okuma Nemesis 2 match with my penn battle 2000 reels.This picture is taken at Bedok Jetty

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Recent Pulau Ubin Fishing

My Shakespear Tiger (BWS 2201) Medium action 7feet with (not seen) Penn Battle 6000 reel,braided with berkely Fireline 30 pound line.My wire leader got stuck 3 time here as it is extremely rocky,however my rod is able to withstand the heavy tugging.

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Gar Fish At Bedok Jetty

This Ikan Todak took in the live tamban like a piranha
Last edited by stout infantfish on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Woodlands WaterFront Fishing

Lots of Barracudda here but i caught none with my rapala max.My polariod sunglass made me spot a KBL (Sea Bass) which estimated to be 5kg.I was so tempted to use my casting net,however the regulars here advised me not too.You can watch some of my buddies catching baracudda and KBL which i mentioned on Utube. Look out for them at Woodlands waterfront fishing. :fish:
Last edited by stout infantfish on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Sotong

This was not caught by me,i was even more blur than the sotong (squid) seen on this picture.My yamashita squid jig was all along in my tackle box.I never thought that i can catch squid in the morning at bedok jetty.Well,newbie here what to do?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Punggol Jetty Catch

Post by Peace »

The first fish is a Sagor catfish, you'll typically find this type of marine catfish near estuaries or brackish water environment. Those are some wonderful catches you've shown, I've seen those youtube fishing videos from woodlands waterfront. The kbls and cudas there are pretty big. :drool: There are squids at Bedok Jetty, the ones in the pictures are the 'green eyes' which can be caught using your squid jig. You'll need to add a small sinker to sink the jig especially when there's current. They'll be hiding very near the pillars below.

You've got a nice setup, hope to see you catch more fish with it in the future. ;)

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Re: Punggol Jetty Catch

Thank you for the prompt reply and also research.I can always count on you.Thanks Peace.