FISHING SPOTS

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Predict
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Bait fishing, Lure fishing, Fly fishing, Offshore fishing, Crabbing & Prawning

FISHING SPOTS

Post by Predict »

Hi people, do anyone know any freshwater spots that is not under the control of PUB or can even ride a raft on the place, such as rivers, swamps or streams?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: FISHING SPOTS

Post by Peace »

For freshwater, I don't think there is legal or one that is suitable for fishing. Inshore spots are still viable though, places around Pulau Seletar, or Simpang area might be worth a try.

Predict
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Bait fishing, Lure fishing, Fly fishing, Offshore fishing, Crabbing & Prawning

Post by Predict »

What do you mean by inshore spots? Do you mean saltwater shores that are not located at the side of singapore, but inside singapore?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

It means close to shore, mainly saltwater or brackish water. You probably won't find any freshwater lake in Singapore you can fish from a raft, though you can still do kayaking in our reservoirs.

Predict
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by Predict »

Ohh, thanks. Btw there's one place called Xiao Gui Lin (Located in bukit batok), Is fishing allowed there? That place is not under the control of pub... So is rafting over there allowed? And what kind of fish do there have?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Fishing is allowed in Little Guilin and is managed by Nparks. I've not seen any leisure water craft there before and highly doubt Nparks would allow such activities due to the possible hazardous surroundings. I didn't get any fish on my two trips there but I've seen other anglers catching varies species of cichlids. The Peacock Bass in the lake has been fished down to a small population.