Terengganu Travel Log On 070707 (LIFE EARTH DAY)

This is where we discuss about the current ongoings in the fishing community such as news, events or general fishing topics.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Terengganu Travel Log On 070707 (LIFE EARTH DAY)

Post by Tere »

This trip was planned 2 months back. 4 anglers (2 frequent + 2 newbies) planned a trip to Merang (Kuala Terengganu) for an off-shore expedition. Unlike other trips ... This trip is different ... we are there with an aim ... that is to get the 2 newbies "poison" deep deep ... one of whom is my good friend's beloved wife. Hee Hee Hee ... :nod: :D

So ... Ops Order was drawn out ... Its a GO for my good friend's wifey !! Hip Hip Hurray !!!

We studied carefully into the basics of fishing poison deep deep for ladies ...
1. Clean washroom on board (Its the ladies thing ... you know ...)
2. Nice food on board (So she doesn't gets hungry, thirsty and extremely grumpy)
3. Safe and Stable boat (In case the plot was found out ... we must ensure we got life jacket to conduct the man-overboard drille)
4. How to do poisoning without the Ultimate Poison "Serum" ??? (FISHES)

Suddenly ... we feel so Professional ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok ... now look at the pictures ... here's a real life lesson on "How to inject Fishing Poison Deep Deep"

Day 1:

The start of the trip ... nothing is more important than Transport ... must always get it right ... S$133 per pax for this 18-Seater Coach to get us to and fro ... hehehehe everyone can sleep well. Suppose to have In-Bus Entertainment :rant: Darn system not working at all !!! Anyway .. we slept thru ...

Route to Merang

Our bus ran a little late on arrival ... actually VERY late ... :rant: Don't really know why its macham a customized bus ... Drop someone off in Kuantan, then at Kuala Terengganu then to Merang ... We were greeted by our hosts and they suggested that we'll drop off our stuffs over at their workshop and we'll board the boat ... Hmmm sounds good !! Here's their Private Jetty. Nice and serene place .. I liked it alot ...

Here's our boat. Its a 56 footer Fiberglass, running on Caterpillar Engine ! Hmmmm ... nice ... Ang Moh Engine is very reliable ... just like my Ang Moh Chia ... By now ... our poison target is a little hungry already. Hahahah nothing beats breakfast on board a 56 footer at a private jetty, with birds chirping and flying around ... what a romantic way to start the day for our couple!

This is our breakfast !!! See !!! So professional !!! Macham eating at Delifrance !!! We like !!! Eh hem ... of course lah ... I gobbled my breaky down ASAP and fixed up the luring rod with Maria Angel Kiss ... how to miss a chance like that ... just cast behind the boat ... kena one big miss after the first few casts ... sigh ... not a good start ... nebermind ...

Here's the all important man ... Our Skipper "DG" joining us for his morning cuppa ... very serious face uh ... hahahah don't judge the skipper by his looks ... he's a very experienced skipper, attentive, knowledgable and ... a big joker just like us as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is one of our deckhand (Lam)

This is another of our deckhand (Nam)

Didn't tell you all uh ... deckhands will help anglers to carry your rods, bags and everything on-board from the minute you alight from the transport at the private jetty. When fishing, they'll help anglers to bait up the hooks, pull out sangkots/snags and everything to do with fishing. Hehehehhe good plan hor ?? :D No need to tie hooks, no need to put bait, no need to dehook fishes ... our "Madam" sure beri happy fishing one lor ! :lol:

Not much pictures taken in between because we were busy cheering our "Madam", as she hauls up fishes after fishes after fishes after fishes ... :sweatdrop: Heng ah ... she hauled up alot ... too busy to say she's tired ... Part 1 of our job completed ... Quite a lot of fishes were hauled up and some were given to the deckhands to bring home (We must share share mah). The rest of our day catches were brought back to the workshop for deep freezing.

We were brought to our hotel Suria Merang to rest for the night ... Too tired after 1 day of fishing ler ... no mood to take pictures ... :lol:

Day 2:

Morning call was set at 0630hrs ... we must go catch our transport arranged by the charter (but at the timing we set ... 8am) ... What to do ... we must go earlier so can poison our "Madam" earlier and deeper mah ...

View from my room ... nice right?

Breakfast at the hotel ... its included in our hotel booking ... the beehoon is salty ... but the fried rice is bland ... so add both together ... it taste just right ...

We leaving the river mouth ... before fishing .. so got time to take pictures ... other than that got to be productive lah ... where got time to take pictures ! ;)

Ok some of "Madam"'s catches ...

My live bait well for big game ... sigh ... must poison "Madam" mah ... so forget about big game ... hahahah

Looks like a lizard hor?

Skipper at work ... Do Not Disturb ... :lol:

Some of our catches

Our lady host Quee ... Don't pray pray ... she's good in handling the overhead reels ok ... and she hauls in fishes !

Forgot to tell you all ... Meals are included on board ... if you think its just goreng fish and rice or asam pedas fish and rice ... then you all wrong liao !!

Morning got hot drinks, then times up liao got Morning Tea Session (Kuey and drinks), Scrumptous lunch (We had Nasi Lemak, Fried Chicken, Ah Seng Tempura [Best !!!], Sambal Tuna Fresh, Fried Rice .... so much more !!!), Afternoon Tea ... actually Quee told us ... "You come on board we won't let you go hungry" ... Ya !! really leh !! I ate so much until I'm afraid I might get seasick because I'm too full ... but ... its so delicious ... what the hack ... eat liao then decide later lah ... Oh ... "Madam" also commented its VERY NICE food ... my good friend happy liao ... 2nd Day poison "serum" injected very very successfully ... wakakakakakkakaka.

Suddenly ... it was so successful that she said ... "Hubby ! I want to get that Daiwa Reel ! The one Tere pointed to you ! The Blue One !!" Die liao ... I become big sinner liao ... You all should be able to guess as much which blue reel Daiwa got liao ... :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :raincloud:

Go back to hotel ... kena by my good friend liao ... :rant: Nebermind ... she poisoned liao ... so next time got passport go fishing already.

Day 3:

Explored around my hotel abit ... then realised that beside the pool, there's a river ! Wahhh .. next trip I'll try luring here ...

We make our way out of the hotel at 0815hrs and headed for Merang Jetty to catch our Coach home ... Quee sent the frozen fishes to Merang Jetty in a Styrofoam Box ... wow ... good service !

Ok ... Now ... Here's the ending pictures ...

We left Merang at 1100hrs and arrived at Golden Mile Complex at 2200hrs.

Conclusion:
It was indeed a great trip ... the food was great, the catches were good and our hosts were amazingly wonderful people ! we love them heaps. I'll strongly recommend them if you're looking for a customized holiday, they can bring you to snorkling places, kayaking, angling and diving ! Well can't tell you how professional and good they are until you experience it yourselves. Anyway, we got hold of our "fishing passports" and "Madam" wants to go again ... muaahahhahahahahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you're thinking how much we spent. Just as a guide, per day charter cost us about RM1,600.00. This excludes the hotel, transport and tips for the deckhands. I think we'll be booking about 3-4 days for our next trip. Just incase you're wondering where are they ... go to their webby at http://www.deutzianautical.com.

Rating: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Terengganu Travel Log On 070707 (LIFE EARTH DAY)

Post by Peace »

Wow, that's a very detail write up there. Looks like you all enjoyed the trip very much, I must say you guys are living like Kings and Queens. ;) Good job getting Quee hooked onto it, I'm sure she will be back for more. :D I like the sceneries along the coast, simply being there must surely give one a sense of tranquility. :nod: The charter does cost quite a bit, but I'm sure it was worth every penny spent.

A pity you couldn't spend all the time and concentration fishing this round, I'm sure you'll be back on a more serious trip with full attention on fishing right? ;)

Thanks for sharing your travel log.

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Peace wrote:Wow, that's a very detail write up there. Looks like you all enjoyed the trip very much, I must say you guys are living like Kings and Queens. ;) Good job getting Quee hooked onto it, I'm sure she will be back for more. :D I like the sceneries along the coast, simply being there must surely give one a sense of tranquility. :nod: The charter does cost quite a bit, but I'm sure it was worth every penny spent.

A pity you couldn't spend all the time and concentration fishing this round, I'm sure you'll be back on a more serious trip with full attention on fishing right? ;)

Meow Meow ... Quee is the Lady Boss of the Charter ah ... kekekekekek not our "Madam"

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Peace wrote:Wow, that's a very detail write up there. Looks like you all enjoyed the trip very much, I must say you guys are living like Kings and Queens. ;) Good job getting Quee hooked onto it, I'm sure she will be back for more. :D I like the sceneries along the coast, simply being there must surely give one a sense of tranquility. :nod: The charter does cost quite a bit, but I'm sure it was worth every penny spent.

Nevermind ... Created opportunities already ... The charter price think I wrote wrongly wor ... can check it out from their website ... hee hee hee ... In my humble opinion, i see that its quite an ok price for this kind of charter ... I mean looking from the international game fishing point of view lor ... heeeee

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Tere wrote:Meow Meow ... Quee is the Lady Boss of the Charter ah ... kekekekekek not our "Madam"
Oops, my bad. :o

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

good pics and write up....it makes me feel i am with you hehe :) :thumbsup:
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Peace wrote:
Tere wrote:Meow Meow ... Quee is the Lady Boss of the Charter ah ... kekekekekek not our "Madam"
Oops, my bad. :o
It oki ler ... kakakakakaka :lol: :lol:

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing

Post by desleyhan »

Hey Tere,

Excellent CR!! ... very detail ... I enjoyed reading it!

Can't wait for my Sedili trip this coming 17th .....YAHOOOOOOOOoooo.......

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

desleyhan wrote:Hey Tere,

Excellent CR!! ... very detail ... I enjoyed reading it!

Can't wait for my Sedili trip this coming 17th .....YAHOOOOOOOOoooo.......
Thank you Desley, hope for more to come :lol:

Darth Salacious
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Darth Salacious »

Nice CR bro.
The people from the fishing charter were so wonderful!
I'm glad you've enjoyed your trip up north. :lol::thumbsup:
A bad day at fishing is better than a good day at work.

My Fishing Blog - The Peranakan Angler

RaymondAng
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type of fishing as long can go fishing.

Post by RaymondAng »

Wow great CR. Can't wait for my trip there on 29Sep'07 :nod:

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

RaymondAng wrote:Wow great CR. Can't wait for my trip there on 29Sep'07 :nod:
Haaa Ray, I think you're gonna enjoy it alot too! :lol: How many days are you booking?

I might be going up there in September again heheheheheh.

Need a break from all these stress ... :raincloud: :raincloud:

RaymondAng
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by RaymondAng »

Tere wrote:
Haaa Ray, I think you're gonna enjoy it alot too! :lol: How many days are you booking?

I might be going up there in September again heheheheheh.

Need a break from all these stress ... :raincloud: :raincloud:
Hi Tere,
It a 2D1N trip. Arrive Sunday & leave Monday Night. At the moment we only have 2pax confirm. Will you like to join us?
We are 1st timer going there and if you can guide us will be the best.

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Ray,

Don't worry about it at all. Basically its kinda like no need to do anything at all de lor ... they put bait for you and everything.

Quee, DG and the boys are friendly and nice so no worries about it.

Haaa its not really about the CR but the relax environment over there. :lol:

Enjoy yourself there, I'm downgrading to something like PE1.5-PE2.5 Tackle already hehehehehe light tackle fighting is more interesting.

RaymondAng
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by RaymondAng »

Thanks Tere. Looking forward for the trip.