Juvenile fishes

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Juvenile fishes

Post by Peace »

Most of us probably had caught these fishes before but seldom see them as juveniles. Here's what I have:

A rabbitfish ~2cm

A flathead ~6cm. (I can't be certain of the id though, it looks very similar to a goby)

This is a small goby

Unknown fish ~1-1.5cm

A mudskipper ~1cm

Another unknown fish ~1cm

Feel free to add more. :fish:

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Angelfishing wrote: My contribution :) Can u see the baby squid ?
can see squid, fish , and crab..need some prawns to complete a styro full of seafood.

nice shot and clear pics :thumbsup:

this is ur pets?

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

nope. I caught them at punggol jetty with a small small net :p bring home as pet :D then.... they became my pets dinner :cry:

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

share with me..what pet u rearing ? :)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Wow, you have quite an aquarium there. Can open pet shop liao :lol: The cow fish is really cute too. The scad is beautiful as well, it sure looks like a kunning, but the typical markings(yellow stripe) on the body is not visible. Possibly due to flash or naturally faded in water?

Thanks for sharing with us! :nod::thumbsup:

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Hi angel,please let me know how do you maintain the water salinity ? use sea salt ? i have a spare 3 feet tank ! to try !
and what do u feed the crabs with >?

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Well, need to let u know its pretty hard work in the early stages till your water quality is stable n good. That is when you put in fishy n they survive or when u see self grow sea grass in your tank.

The most important thing is to have a good filtration system with lots of coral chips. you will need to have a good quality surface skimmer for surface filtration if u do not have a filtration tank. Use sea water n not sea salt. Sea water can be purchased from aquarium for $1 - $2 a packet.

As I have kept my tank for several years, the water quality is good. All I need to do is to put in 1 - 2 btls of self made bottled ice into the tank daily to maintain the water level. Evaporation will not remove the "salt" in the water.

If u r a newbie in rearing fish, I will recommend u try fresh water fish for a start as salty will b much much more difficult than fresh, just like fishing :p

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Hi Angel, thanx for the tips,, i'm a fresh water fish keeper now ..so filtration is no issue for me.:) many thanx again.

btw do crabs feed on market prawns ?

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Yes they do :nod: Crabs are scavenger. They eat almost anything. Prawn is crab favourite food. U realise every time u go fishing, most often than not, ur bait stealer is no other than crab ! :p

Some crabs however eat algae while some eat both meat n algae. :p Right captain peace ?

Nice to know u keeping fresh water fishy :thumbsup: wana share some of ur pets pics with us ?

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Angelfishing wrote: Nice to know u keeping fresh water fishy :thumbsup: wana share some of ur pets pics with us ?
sure,attached a pic of my pet....

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very Beautiful pet u have domvonn

U are good in photography :thumbsup:

Wish I can take nice pics like you :p

What do u feed your pet with ? goldfish ? crickets ???

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Angelfishing wrote::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very Beautiful pet u have domvonn

U are good in photography :thumbsup:

Wish I can take nice pics like you :p

What do u feed your pet with ? goldfish ? crickets ???
superworms...mainly. goldfish got high risk of diseases,crix troublesome to me lol.

you take equally good pics too. cheers!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

This one my cichlid long ago. But as you can see it is dying from some infection because I didn't know how to take care of it :o

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Peace wrote:Image

This one my cichlid long ago. But as you can see it is dying from some infection because I didn't know how to take care of it :o
still look ok to me, no cloudy eyes ..etc.
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

If you look closely, there are inflammation at the gills and at base of the fins and tail. Probably, suffering from an infection. It died several days after I took the pic. :( I love cichlids, they are such active and playful fish.