Admiralty West

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Admiralty West

Post by Peace »

After enough hearing about the 'Woodlands/Marsiling Jetty', I've decided to go down and have a look myself. Initially, I thought there was really a Jetty there for people to fish. Well, there are actually two big jetties there but none of them are opened to public. (at least not yet)

I got there during a low tide so I can see how the terrain looks like, it looks pretty shallow there even during high tide. The first stop was just beside the causeway, the place looks clean and a nice view across the causeway. Just further down the coast leading to the woodlands jetty is fenced up for construction, they're probably revamping the place for recreational purposes. ;)

Just after the jetty there's a small river mouth. That place looks better than the first but the place is pretty littered and smelly, not to mention the swarms of hungry mosquitoes there. :lol: However, it does look like a better place for fishes to hide and hunt. Presence baitfishes and prawns are good sign that those biggies will be nearby.

This place is pretty interesting, perhaps I will try fishing the next time I go back there. :)

Just beside the Causeway

The river mouth further down

Some anglers fishing there

One of the netcasters there catching prawns

A net full of prawns by one of the net casters (Psst, dom... ;) )

Lots of monkey lurk there, probably because people have been feeding them. The 'no feeding of monkey' sign there is the evidence. :lol:

Proof that sea monkey exists!

Edit: Image fixed.

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Re: Admiralty West

Post by domvonn »

no pic ?
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: Admiralty West

Post by dBs™ »

Cool !
Always pass by this place but never get to go down for a closer look. :p

Looks kinda promising with such abundance of bait around ...
I used to see schools of tamban playing around the area.
Definitely a place worth trying out. :nod:

O... there there ... those cute friends of alleycat ! :lol:
I guess you wouldn't be fishing there for some reasons ! :mischieve: