Some pictures from Bedok Jetty and Tanjong Rhu Yesterday

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Some pictures from Bedok Jetty and Tanjong Rhu Yesterday

Post by Peace »

I went fishing with a friend at Bedok Jetty yesterday but the weather wasn't too friendly. Just as I arrived at East Coast Park, there was a heavy downpour and I had to take shelter in an underpass.

There's an ah lao also trapped in the underpass reading newspaper at the other end :p The rain flooded the holes in the underpass and lots of cute little banded bullfrogs came out to entertain me :D

Image Image

After the rain stopped, I proceed to the jetty. The place is pretty crowded despite the rain, can't be too choosy to find a spot to fish. :) Lots of people catching tambans, they're plentiful throughout the jetty.

The tambans schools even came surfacing near the jetties.

A video of the tamban frenzy

Fish all day and caught nothing except for tambans. The consolation is I got a specimen pic of the ikan bilis. :yay:

Packed up when it got dark. On my way back I passed through Tanjong Rhu; the night view is pretty good and took some pics. :)

The Cosy Bay

On the bridge

The boardwalk beside the indoor stadium

View of the Condos at Tanjong Rhu

Another one

Not a bad trip in all, could have been more enjoyable without the rain. :)

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing

Post by desleyhan »

I thought fishes comes around the shore just after rain (some lao chiao told me that) ....

Have never fish up any tambans before .... i was told to put a sinker by the end of my tamban hooks and drop it to seabed and start jigging ... or is it the wrong method?

After seeing your short clip of tambans on the surface .. i'm confused.

Pls advice anyone.

Thanks

http://www.maximixx.com/fish.htm

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

The behavior or tambans can be difficult to understand and predict sometimes. But from my experience they tend to surface after rain; while dwelling near the surface, they tend to be reluctant in taking tamban hooks.

The splashing action you see in the video are actually a more common behavior in Selars and Orh Kah Hiah due their aggressive feeding habit. Perhaps the rain washed down micro-organisms from the canals and streams that invokes the tambans' feeding frenzy.

As for jigging tambans, the fishes can be found in all levels of the water but more often in mid to near surface level. How easy you're going to get the tambans depends a lot on the tambans' mood. When they're easy, you don't even need to do the jigging action. When they're hard, you need to resort to unique jigging techniques and use of the right feather jigs.

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

good pictures...well shot.clear and sharp.
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

Most of the time i onli catch tamban and some weird semi-transparent fish at bedok jetty. The last time i went there the only fish i caught was tamban and pufferfish. the pufferfish was some sort of consolation after all. haha :D
An Ordinary BoY FiSHiNG ALL RoUnD SiNGaPORe