Kallang Beach

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Kallang Beach

Post by Peace »

I went to Kallang beach awhile back to check out its current status and indeed there's a lot of construction going on. I can see a barricade of some sort was in the process of building. It was low tide so the rocks are exposed for me to flip. :lol:

Here are some of crabs I found, most of them are really small:

There are lots of shells under the rocks too.

As well as what appears to be sealices! :mad:

There are also lots of small little snails that are pretty active as the tide starts to come in.

Peanut worms

There's seem to be quite a lot of marine life there despite of the construction works and pollution in the river. Too bad all will be gone once the damming of the place is completed. :thumbsdown::mad:

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing

Post by desleyhan »

ahhh .. its okay ..

you got some nice pic of the place still ...

Btw, I use this forum much ... but everytime I want to go back to the General Info page or the Home page .. I have to reach for my Favourites to http://www.handlinefishing.com

You should add a link back to the Home page ... or is there one which I don't find?

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

4th pic crab is very well camou . :lol:
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

desleyhan wrote:Btw, I use this forum much ... but everytime I want to go back to the General Info page or the Home page .. I have to reach for my Favourites to http://www.handlinefishing.com

You should add a link back to the Home page ... or is there one which I don't find?
Thanks for the feedback, as well as a few others who had highlighted this problem to me before. I'll try to get someone to help me out with this, if not, I'll have to wait till the new forum software version comes along with this feature. Meanwhile, we'll have to stick with what we have. Sorry about that. :sweatdrop:
domvonn wrote:4th pic crab is very well camou
I believe that is fiddler crab right? ;)

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Peace wrote:
desleyhan wrote:Btw, I use this forum much ... but everytime I want to go back to the General Info page or the Home page .. I have to reach for my Favourites to http://www.handlinefishing.com

Thanks for the feedback, as well as a few others who had highlighted this problem to me before. I'll try to get someone to help me out with this, if not, I'll have to wait till the new forum software version comes along with this feature. Meanwhile, we'll have to stick with what we have. Sorry about that. :sweatdrop:
domvonn wrote:4th pic crab is very well camou
I believe that is fiddler crab right? ;)
should be....but also looks a bit like soldier crab too.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

I'm not too sure about that, I thought it looked like a female fiddler crab and it was at the entrance of a burrow with little rolled 'sand balls'; those are fiddlers' burrow right?

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Peace wrote:I'm not too sure about that, I thought it looked like a female fiddler crab and it was at the entrance of a burrow with little rolled 'sand balls'; those are fiddlers' burrow right?
could be also ...soldier crabs does leave behind sandballs after feeding mirco-organisms from the sand though hehe.

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

Nice pics... too bad i was banned from fishing from my dad...... Stupid 'O' levels :mad:
An Ordinary BoY FiSHiNG ALL RoUnD SiNGaPORe