My shots at Labrador Park

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

My shots at Labrador Park

Post by domvonn »

Did not manage to shoot much fauna,due to rain and bad tide.
Will be back for more.

The Jetty

Signboard

Boulders

Fauna

A 1 cm plus swimming crab

SeaSlug...ps:can u spot the eyes?

And Lastly some molluscs, shud be Spotted Top Shell.

Not very well taken as weather is gloomy and not much shots taken.Sighz . :(
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

not bad... the last time i went labourdor i got nothing but 1 garfish :cry:
An Ordinary BoY FiSHiNG ALL RoUnD SiNGaPORe

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

That's a very nice and clean shot of the jetty. :thumbsup: I've not been there for quite awhile, how's the construction works there now? There doesn't seem to have any barges or dredges anymore in your picture.

The seaslug is so cute, the eye is well camouflage...like bumps on its body. :lol: It should be low tide then right? Did you manage to see the corals there?

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Peace wrote:That's a very nice and clean shot of the jetty. :thumbsup: I've not been there for quite awhile, how's the construction works there now? There doesn't seem to have any barges or dredges anymore in your picture.

The seaslug is so cute, the eye is well camouflage...like bumps on its body. :lol: It should be low tide then right? Did you manage to see the corals there?
did not see any corals as the tide is not low enough :(. construction still there and there are still barges too. :) flip a few rocks and not much fauna revealed.will go again when the tide is right.

Ps : imho, the tree spoils the image of the jetty..sighz.
Last edited by domvonn on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Nice take of the jetty domvonn :thumbsup: I went there too some months back. The water condition was really bad due to the construction work. Didn't get any nice pics as it was also a raining day :cry:

Peace, ur poison is more deadly than eging leh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Redsnapper...when u wana join us, go flip some rock or take a stroll along the beach n snap some nice pics to share with us here ;)

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Ya lor RS, join us leh ....We ish Life by the water de supporter! :nod:

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing

Post by desleyhan »

Haven't tried fishing at this location yet .. will definitely do so one of these days

Thanks for the pic domvonn

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

Actually at labourdor park the jetty u dun get as much fish as what u will get if u fish at a breakwater further up on high tide. the first time i went there, i got 20+ fishes each weighing about 1.7kg each. As my previous post just said, i onli caught a garfish at the jetty on a high tide

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by desleyhan »

chanturtle wrote:Actually at labourdor park the jetty u dun get as much fish as what u will get if u fish at a breakwater further up on high tide. the first time i went there, i got 20+ fishes each weighing about 1.7kg each. As my previous post just said, i onli caught a garfish at the jetty on a high tide
Hey chanturtle, wouldn't it be harder to fish by the breakwater as I can see that there are lots of rocks there?

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

During high tide those rocks will be covered and u can go into the water bout 5 metre of shore. i usually use a size 4 bomb sinker and just throw it far out and wait. usually it is bout a 15 - 25 min wait and for some rare cases, about a min or 2 u can get a fish. if i get a chance to go there again, i take some pictures and show it to u

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by desleyhan »

chanturtle wrote:During high tide those rocks will be covered and u can go into the water bout 5 metre of shore. i usually use a size 4 bomb sinker and just throw it far out and wait. usually it is bout a 15 - 25 min wait and for some rare cases, about a min or 2 u can get a fish. if i get a chance to go there again, i take some pictures and show it to u
Kwel ... a pic of the surroundings would definitely help alot .. Cheers

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

I think chanturtle is referring to this long stretch of breakwater, not sure which segment exactly though.

This breakwater is quite popular with pole anglers fishing for rabbitfishes. Of course, there are people surfcasting there as well. It can get quite snaggy there so you must reel in fast. There are two platforms that is slightly extended out into the breakwater, it helps a little.

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by desleyhan »

Peace wrote:I think chanturtle is referring to this long stretch of breakwater, not sure which segment exactly though.

This breakwater is quite popular with pole anglers fishing for rabbitfishes. Of course, there are people surfcasting there as well. It can get quite snaggy there so you must reel in fast. There are two platforms that is slightly extended out into the breakwater, it helps a little.
Ahhh ... now I know where we're talking about ..

I guess surf casting would be more ideal ...

Sure thing ... will give a try .. Thanks Peace

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

haha... yeah thats where i am talking about...... :fish: :fish2:

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

chanturtle wrote:Actually at labourdor park the jetty u dun get as much fish as what u will get if u fish at a breakwater further up on high tide. the first time i went there, i got 20+ fishes each weighing about 1.7kg each. As my previous post just said, i onli caught a garfish at the jetty on a high tide
Hi CT, did you managed to finish the catches ? what fish got hooked up the most?