Float Like A Dragonfly ...

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Float Like A Dragonfly ...

Post by Tere »

Went for a very important nature lesson today. Never knew and never thought that dragonflies are omnivorous insects until today. There's nothing much to snap today as most of the creatures are hiding when I'm out of bed. So the search begins for the Red Dragonflies and Dragonflies. Hope you'll enjoy the pics.

:D

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

wah tere , ur pics ish good good...1st pic is my fave :thumbsup: . sharp and bokeh ish ok, izzit a little under exposed? on my monitor it seem a little dark :grin:
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

domvonn wrote:wah tere , ur pics ish good good...1st pic is my fave :thumbsup: . sharp and bokeh ish ok, izzit a little under exposed? on my monitor it seem a little dark :grin:
Thank you dom dom ... yesh its under ... Clouds decided to cover the sky when me snap. :nod:

Me like the wings a little golden shimmer in the sun heeeeee

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Tere wrote:
domvonn wrote:wah tere , ur pics ish good good...1st pic is my fave :thumbsup: . sharp and bokeh ish ok, izzit a little under exposed? on my monitor it seem a little dark :grin:
Thank you dom dom ... yesh its under ... Clouds decided to cover the sky when me snap. :nod:

u ish must use flash :) diffuse the flash, a simple method is to cover with a piece of tissue. try it.the difference is great :thumbsup:

Tere, does this look ok ?
Last edited by domvonn on Sat May 19, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

domvonn wrote:
Tere wrote:

u ish must use flash :) diffuse the flash, a simple method is to cover with a piece of tissue. try it.the difference is great :thumbsup:
Ya ... but me combating with ants while snapping picture ler ... sob sob

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Tere wrote:
domvonn wrote:
Tere wrote: Thank you dom dom ... yesh its under ... Clouds decided to cover the sky when me snap. :nod:

Ya ... but me combating with ants while snapping picture ler ... sob sob
i hate ants and mozzies..when i shoot ish mozzie attack me de

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Me got Insect Repellant, but ants ish scared insecticide one more over me sitting near ants nest while taking this pic.

Dom, itsh look nicer, but me feel the pic me took got something missing ... can't tell what though ... itsh like no feeeeeling to me ... perhaps lack of the crispiness of a DSLR ... the draggyfly dun feel like flying to me like that ler ... itsh the imperfection in the pic ler, I feel.

The Red Draggy fly if exposed just right, the background will seem dark and the red will be over saturated right? By then the object will look really unreal ... that's why till now me still trying to capture the red dragonfly ... me haben capture one reeely nice one yet. All Macham no depth to me :o

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Ooki got some more interesting pictures ... not well taken one just a trial shot ...

Few days back in Ngee Ann Poly, saw a flower on top of a tree ... SNAPPED

This afternoon under 12pm sunlight.

Antz

This one darn attitude cat ... want to take pic for him, he just turn head and show me his ..... !@###!@#

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Tere wrote:Me got Insect Repellant, but ants ish scared insecticide one more over me sitting near ants nest while taking this pic.

Dom, itsh look nicer, but me feel the pic me took got something missing ... can't tell what though ... itsh like no feeeeeling to me ... perhaps lack of the crispiness of a DSLR ... the draggyfly dun feel like flying to me like that ler ... itsh the imperfection in the pic ler, I feel.

The Red Draggy fly if exposed just right, the background will seem dark and the red will be over saturated right? By then the object will look really unreal ... that's why till now me still trying to capture the red dragonfly ... me haben capture one reeely nice one yet. All Macham no depth to me :o
Tere, try to take a pic of a dragon when its juz landed or almost landing/taking off on the flower/branches/leaves.. ITs not easy and i've never been able to shoot it. The wings of the DF will sort of *erected * de. very nice and is sure got feel :)

ps: dSLR does not mean nice pics de leh.

eg here. : Image

Credits : Leonardo of clubsnap, this thread. : http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=261539

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Oki Dom Dom Noted ... Here's part 2 of my attempt to take nicer pic ... some technique me still new .. so excuse me prease :D

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Here's one more day near water again ... :D

Just realised ... my cricket ... got flaw ... it got oni one hind leg ...
:cry:

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

where ish the light source for this spider? below the spider? very special i would say :thumbsup: moon shot ish good also . post process it will give u a better result. :)

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

domvonn wrote:Image

where ish the light source for this spider? below the spider? very special i would say :thumbsup: moon shot ish good also . post process it will give u a better result. :)
Dom ... the pic u saw had been rotated 180 degs. Cos the spider was upside down. Light was coming from Behind the spider.

Sun bird jumping around too fast liao ... moreover, overcast sky ...

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Very nice dragonfly shots there, Tere. I can see you're getting the hang of nature photography already. ;) Here's two shots of a dragonfly I took sometime back, it was very cooperative and stood there all the way for me to shoot. :grin:

The macro shot on the orb spider is pretty good too, it looks like a juvenile spider.

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Peace,
Its nice de lor ! Hehehehe ... I think I caught Dom Dom dumbfounded with that Golden Orb. He mush be thinking "Oh no ... sun rising from the ground??" "Tere brought the whole studio lighting out with him !!" :lol: