Lim Chu Kang Jetty

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Darth Salacious
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Lim Chu Kang Jetty

Post by Darth Salacious »

Hi everyone, I've decided to share a few more photos in here.

This was from my recent trip to Lim Chu Kang Jetty with a friend of mine. I think I saw someone asking about this place in another post.

Save for the occasional kelong boat coming alongside, the jetty was pretty serene.

Catches were only so-so though, maybe due to the fact that there was quite a bit of movement from the boats alongside the jetty. We managed to haul in one Tropical Sand Goby, one Goatee Croaker and one Estuarine Moray Eel (Eek!). We released all fishes back into the water after the trip.

Maybe casting from further down the coast, at the slipway near to Jalan Bahtera camp, would reap better results.

A bad day at fishing is better than a good day at work.

My Fishing Blog - The Peranakan Angler

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Those are very nice shots Darth, it makes LCK look like a clean and nice place to fish at. :p I've not fished there before but have visited the place before a few years back. The shore and water wasn't exactly clean, is it better now?

Thanks for sharing the pics. :grin:

Darth Salacious
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Darth Salacious »

Peace wrote:Those are very nice shots Darth, it makes LCK look like a clean and nice place to fish at. :p I've not fished there before but have visited the place before a few years back. The shore and water wasn't exactly clean, is it better now?

Thanks for sharing the pics. :grin:
Thank you Peace. :grin:

Well, the waters are pretty clean at the right side of the jetty. The only problem is that the pesky boats tend to get into the way when they get pushed in front of you by the current.

The water on the left side didn't look as appealing though. Maybe it was because of the moored PCG crafts at that side of the jetty.

And the kelong owners were pretty upset with us being there. One guy even gave us a tongue lashing for leaving our sabiki line on the jetty, saying it might hurt them when they were working at the jetty.

Couldn't blame them about that though, due to the fact that the jetty belongs to them. :(

But it was still a nice place for photos. We spent about 6 hours there and both of us were sunburnt at the end of the day. :mad: Haha.
A bad day at fishing is better than a good day at work.

My Fishing Blog - The Peranakan Angler

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Hmm, sounds like the place improved a lot. I should make a trip down to see for myself one of these days. :nod: Yes, we have to give way to the the Kelong/fish farm people on the jetty, it is afterall meant for their use. Some of them don't have any footwear at all so hooks left by careless anglers can be a hazard to them. I believe there must have enough inconsiderate anglers fishing there to piss off the Kelong people. :lol: