the 3rd greatest pity

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

DMCY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type

the 3rd greatest pity

Post by DMCY »

Went to Bukit Batok Nature Park. In the past fishing there was legal and its full of snakeheads. Anyways, as fishing is not allowed, went there today to look at nature. After going to a small stream where i used to catch fish, there was an about 8 cm sized freshwater crab. And at the same spot, the crab went into a burrow and a okay sized forest walking catfish rushed out. Could have taken pictures easily but i did not bring a camera or a phone. Then on the way back, there was a COLUGO on a tree right in front of us. It was quite big and wonderful to look at. It climbed on top of the tree and glided in a way that everyone could see away ro another tree. Pictures could have easily been taken, but i still did not have my camera or phone.
Lesson of the day: never leave home without a photo taking device, espacially if going on a nature walk. This is probably the only time i get to see these animals.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: the 3rd greatest pity

Post by Peace »

That's a lot of rare sightings for one trip, and somehow it tends to happen when we don't bring a camera. I had my share of similar experience. :cry: