Stream wading and fishing

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Stream wading and fishing

Post by Peace »

Today I revisited molly stream again for some light fishing and catching longkang fish. :) Once there, I quickly spotted the tilapias and set up my rod with eeky worms I dug from nearby. The tilapias just go crazy for them, I get bites shortly the worms hit the water. In all, I caught about 10 of them plus a Golden Flathead Goby :grin: Saw a small haruan but it didn't want to take my bait, I think it saw me and somehow knew my intentions. :lol:

Here's a short clips on the tilapia fishing

After I'm done fishing the tilapias, I went down the stream for some exploration and catching some small fishes. There are lots of mollies but they're too quick for my small net. Caught a small goby to take some pictures in a tank a brought along.

A prawn

Later, I spotted two red/orange colour mollies and gave it a hard chase before I was able to corner them into my net. :mad:

Upon further wading, I spotted a small marbled goby that I've been hunting for quite sometime. It was resting at the edge of the deep end of the stream. :( I crept towards with my net anyway and tried to scoop it. But the net is just too small to contain it and the goby is pretty agile too. It evaded my net and swam into the deep. :cry: It must have been my lucky day because I shortly spotted another one at a shallow side of the stream. :D I didn't take chance this time, I quickly went to get my line and hook and chose the fattest worm in the container and came back for it. Here's how it went: :mischieve:

Here's a closeup look of the goby before I nabbed it.

The specimen picture it was made into

I left the stream since the sky had turned dark. I traveled far away to another stream for more fishing this time. I haven't fish often at the new stream and used the remaining worms I had to see what I can get. No bites for quite some time but I suddenly got hits when I retrieve my line. From the shadowy figure, I could tell they we're peacock bass. ;) At first they kept sniping off the part of the worm dangling off the hook as a retrieve back and were smart enough not to finish the rest of the worm with the hook in it. I re-baited a full worm again only to have half the worm sniped off yet again. :mad: I resorted to taunting them to bite using the half bitten off worm by persistent casting and retrieval, and it worked. :lol:

The peacock bass finished all my worms, but I'm not done yet. I have a lure with me. :mischieve: I switch to my lure and try for a few minutes. The peacock bass striked yet again, and put up a pretty good fight. But when it surfaced I realized it was a double hookup! :shocked: Unfortunately, one of them broke loose when I attempt to lift them both out of the water. It was good fun anyway.

Quite a fruitful and interesting day I must say! :grin:

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Re: Stream wading and fishing

Post by domvonn »

good thatu had a great time, nice write up too !
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Post by Tere »

domvonn wrote:good thatu had a great time, nice write up too !
dom ... Peace ish winning le ... we ish must go hiking together also ... combine forces to write our CR ...

Me coming back to SGP on Friday ... Saturday we ish go take peeks.

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Another wonderful adventurous day out for you. :)

The molly on the right is pretty and ...
It's staring at you ! :lol:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Thanks, I'm really glad I caught a soon hock. For a while I've thought of going to a reservoir to catch one. :shiftyeyes: The red colour molly is very naughty, I put it in a tank and it kept swimming and swimming non stop whenever I point the camera near it. :mad:

Here's the little molly again with the big brother soon hock. :p

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Peace wrote:Thanks, I'm really glad I caught a soon hock. For a while I've thought of going to a reservoir to catch one. :shiftyeyes: The red colour molly is very naughty, I put it in a tank and it kept swimming and swimming non stop whenever I point the camera near it. :mad:

Here's the little molly again with the big brother soon hock. :p
You wan molley u tell me mah ... me got it in my turtle tank ... the fellas are feeding off the turtles :lol: Now getting quite fat but oso naughty. heheheh

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Tere wrote:
dom ... Peace ish winning le ... we ish must go hiking together also ... combine forces to write our CR ...

hehe u is must tell me where ish we go shooting de... :)

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

domvonn wrote:
Tere wrote:

hehe u is must tell me where ish we go shooting de... :)
U ish must call me Friday evening. Me will be back. :lol: ;)

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Bro Tere,
i ish cannot go shooting this week le...ish got family commitment.