This blur spidey...

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

AlleyTT
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Fishing for mei mei

This blur spidey...

Post by AlleyTT »

Any friends out there know how to take a better pic? I think its the webs that make it blur...

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Re: This blur spidey...

Post by Tere »

AlleyTT wrote:Any friends out there know how to take a better pic? I think its the webs that make it blur...

TT, nice pics. Keep shooting! :lol:

Your hands was shaking while taking the picture of the spider, somemore got water droplets at 0746am (Rising Sun) very difficult to take. The camera ISO speed was at ISO-64 and 1/250 secs exposure time. Set it to about ISO-80, it might be easier for you to take the peektures. :lol: Try your Nikon S9 close-up mode also. :lol: Heee the rest need to wait for Peace and Dom to teach liao. Me ish also amatuer.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

That's not a bad spider shot for a start. The picture's blur isn't caused by camera shake but 'softness' caused by out of focus. When shooting close ups, be sure that you have switched on the camera's macro mode. For S9, the minimum focus distance (no zoom) is 25cm for normal and 4 cm for macro. This means that in non-macro mode, your camera lens should not be closer than 25cm away from the spider. If you use macro mode, you can go as close as 4cm. If you exceed the this range, it will appear out of focus like in your picture.

Also when shooting close ups shots, try not to use the zoom function because it increases the minimum focus distance. Your picture is out of focus probably because you zoomed at such close distance. Flashes in compact cameras don't often produce too good results at very close distance as well.

Keep on shooting and don't be afraid of blur shots, all of us go through it. I always come back with some blur shots but the most important thing is to know how it happened.

That looks like a great place for fishing, is that Lower Pierce Reservoir? ;)

AlleyTT
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Fishing for mei mei

Post by AlleyTT »

Thanks guys for the advices... Yes its indeed LPR. I guess the challenge when taking photos like this is that you have little time to fine tune your camera... I was thinking of why my shots were blur and how to take better ones...when mr spidey ran away! Ah well...Thanks for the useful info i didnt know there was sucha thing as minimum distance must be 4cm. The wonder! I didnt take note at all when shooting :shocked:

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

AlleyTT wrote:Thanks guys for the advices... Yes its indeed LPR. I guess the challenge when taking photos like this is that you have little time to fine tune your camera... I was thinking of why my shots were blur and how to take better ones...when mr spidey ran away! Ah well...Thanks for the useful info i didnt know there was sucha thing as minimum distance must be 4cm. The wonder! I didnt take note at all when shooting :shocked:
Welcome to our little world of cams n pics ... anything including fish ! :yay:

Dats a nice spidy ... more to come. :nod:

Tere ... we have new frends liao :lol:

Peace ... another tu di ? ;) :mischieve:

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Post by Tere »

Angelfishing wrote:
AlleyTT wrote:Thanks guys for the advices... Yes its indeed LPR. I guess the challenge when taking photos like this is that you have little time to fine tune your camera... I was thinking of why my shots were blur and how to take better ones...when mr spidey ran away! Ah well...Thanks for the useful info i didnt know there was sucha thing as minimum distance must be 4cm. The wonder! I didnt take note at all when shooting :shocked:

Heeee Angle .. u see the past Angle and Tere? kekekekekekkek we ish promoted already. :lol:

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Angelfishing wrote:

never include me in :cry:
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

domvonn wrote:never include me in :cry:
You PCK mah!

Sure to come de lor .... by yourself auto de ! :lol: :yay:

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Angelfishing wrote:
domvonn wrote:never include me in :cry:
You PCK mah!

Sure to come de lor .... by yourself auto de ! :lol: :yay:
like tat also can de meh ?
ok i've came.....u're spot on si gui ! :grin: :sweatdrop:
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)