HDRI - High Dynamic Range Imaging

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

HDRI - High Dynamic Range Imaging

Post by Tere »

I was talking to Peace the other day and Peace suggested maybe I should explore HDRI. So here I am exploring ... Recently no nice sky to take good shots. Just got to make do with these plants.

Can anyone see if there's a clear difference between the pictures? I'm also only starting on this, still blur blur sotong. :lol:

Normal Picture at 0EV

HDRI - 3 Frames Combination

It seems like there's better control of contrast when adjusted properly? I din really do a good job there.

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Re: HDRI - High Dynamic Range Imaging

Post by domvonn »

lol...somehow the one with normal exposure is more contrasty hhehe.
at least u shot something....action always talks louder..
we shall go try .
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Domvonn is right, the 0EV one looks better. :lol: Perhaps it has something to do with the workflow? Anyway, HDR works better with scenes with excessive highlights and shadows. You might want to check out this site, it has very good read and how to go around producing good HDR images.

p/s: This is forum is meant for fishing related questions only, I think it's better to post it at LBTW. :)

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Peace wrote:Domvonn is right, the 0EV one looks better. :lol: Perhaps it has something to do with the workflow? Anyway, HDR works better with scenes with excessive highlights and shadows. You might want to check out this site, it has very good read and how to go around producing good HDR images.

p/s: This is forum is meant for fishing related questions only, I think it's better to post it at LBTW. :)
Peace sorry. Move the topic move the topic

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

Peace wrote:Domvonn is right, the 0EV one looks better. :lol: Perhaps it has something to do with the workflow? Anyway, HDR works better with scenes with excessive highlights and shadows. You might want to check out this site, it has very good read and how to go around producing good HDR images.

Peace, went to check out the site. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very informative ! Just had a Glance through. Later when I got more time I'll read it carefully. :lol: Thank You Thank You. One good place for HDRI will be USR lookout tower. Later if me go ... me go and take some Shots. Then everyone can try as well.