SHANGHAI TAN

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

SHANGHAI TAN

Post by Tere »

Recently Tere went venturing to Shanghai for business trip. People were friendly and ladies were sweet. :lol:

On the way back, Singapore Airline's cabin crews were great and very accomodating as well. Had a nice time chatting with them and yes ... they were one of the more georgeous batches. :lol:

Anyway, brought back some peeks to share with everyone. Enjoy ah ... hehehehehe

MAGLEV: On the way back to Singapore, I asked my driver to drop me off at Long Ya Lu MAGLEV Station so that I can try it out. Its actually a high speed train service that gets to the airport within 7 mins. Top speed (9am-5pm) is 431km/h, after 5pm it travels at 301km/h max. This is due to the regulations.

Hope you've enjoy it so far, let me see what else have i taken. :lol:

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Re: SHANGHAI TAN

Post by domvonn »

Hi Tere, very nice series of Photos you have..., the CF tripod serving u well yeah ? :nod:

HDR HDR !
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

domvonn wrote:Hi Tere, very nice series of Photos you have..., the CF tripod serving u well yeah ? :nod:

HDR HDR !
LoL Dom Dom ... its called Mefoto not Manfrotto.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Very well taken shots, :thumbsup: It certainly brings out the modern Shanghai. I'm sure you have more pictures, let's see them! ;)

AlleyTT
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Fishing for mei mei

Post by AlleyTT »

walao whats the point of having so many display clocks in like a few faces away from each other :sweatdrop:

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

AlleyTT wrote:walao whats the point of having so many display clocks in like a few faces away from each other :sweatdrop:
:lol: The clock tower that you see in the photograph is the Customs House. Long time ago, people weren't rich and watches are considered a super luxury item which most people cannot afford. Therefore clock towers are built with 1 face or more, so that people know the time. The towers are usually located at the center of the town or important location.

The clock tower you see in the peek was rebuilded in 1927. The customs house still sits on the very exact plot of land it used to be sitting since 1684. Of course it was totally different in architecture. :lol:

Until now, I'm still rather puzzled as to how did those builders do it during that era ... :lol:

Peacy, I have not really sorted out all pics yet wor :lol: But, Shanghai did gave me a rather lasting impression. Especially the ladies there :lol:
Having travelled through about close to 3/4 of the globe by now, I would say there aren't any ladies around similar to the Shanghainese ladies. They are not just well dressed and attractive, but they possesses something that I had never seen in other parts of the world. Its rather difficult to explain in details but I will say, they are forward thinking and very independant. They seem to possess a very strong fighting spirit simply to excel, it is something that will simply raise the fear level of their male counterparts. Hmmm or is it their nice to me coz they see a "golden tortise" ? :lol:

So far, I think there are only 2 front desk ladies (Scotly - Taipei & Sabrina - Shanghai) and 1 manager (Jeslyn - Taipei) whom left lasting impression in me. :lol: :clover:

airman
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by airman »

tere,
i think he is refering to the digital clock inside the high speed train. nice pics u got there, might be going to china in june for a business trip too.

OT, thanks for guiding me on the rod issue i had. raining session now, try not to do 1st. hop i can finish by valentine day

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

airman wrote:tere,
i think he is refering to the digital clock inside the high speed train. nice pics u got there, might be going to china in june for a business trip too.

OT, thanks for guiding me on the rod issue i had. raining session now, try not to do 1st. hop i can finish by valentine day
Ahh ... The digital clock is actually a display at each end of each train cabin. It shows the time and the speed of the Maglev as well ... Top speed ... 431km/h.

airman, no problem. Remember ... tape the bindings and wrap all parts not to be painted ... :lol:

One tip ... Fix the rod up and hang it upright when spray painting. :D fishing line + a hook ... attach it to tip guide. :lol:

I got complained by my friend already ... "You seems to be always busy ... and too occupied for me" :raincloud: must cut down photography already.

AlleyTT
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Fishing for mei mei

Post by AlleyTT »

Ya typo by me :whistle: . not faces but paces. =X

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by Tere »

AlleyTT wrote:Ya typo by me :whistle: . not faces but paces. =X
That one not paces heheh its about the same as 1 section of the MRT train.