Fishing & Life

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Fishing & Life

Post by Tere »

Its 3.12am in the morning now, I'm writing this post. Perhaps it doesn't belong anywhere in this place, but guess this is the only place where I can keep these thoughts as it'll be safe with Peacy.

Had tea with 2 of my mates earlier, was trying to help a mate out. It made Tere realised that how fragile life is, how what you did earlier in your life affects the rest of your life and how lack of communication can bring.

The fact that when an old friend starts telling the other off, "The fault lies with all of you! Your whole family is at fault! Including You! Not just anyone!". It makes me look back to the theory of there's a fire when there is smoke, there is no fire without sparks, there can't be sparks without any reason. Ain't it true? In life today, everyone lacks of communication, when we talk to our family members, we neglect their feelings, we say what we like, we do what we like and we don't care when we don't. We take for granted that others understand what we want to say, as we know inside our heart what we really meant. But things aren't always as apparent as what we think. People DO receive the wrong message. Is it due to our daily usage of SMS? we're so accustomed to the way whereby short messages are sent that had affected our daily speech?

Old friend mentioned too ... can we tell our parents "Mom, dad, ... I want to treat you better from today onwards. Not because I have a motive, but purely because that you are my mom/dad. I want to treat you better from today". How many of us have such communication with our parents? How many of us can actually tell our dad/mom that we love them and to give them a hug unreservedly?

Have we been missing out too much from the day we stepped into this world ? Do we love our parents enough ? Providing them with the material needs doesn't make them any happier than to tell them how much they meant to you. Blood is thicker than water. Kinship is suppose to be stronger than any other links in this world, but had we taken it for granted?

I sat at the table savouring my cup of Chinese Jasmin Tea ... sipping it bit by bit ... old friend asked the other friend. "Do you know why you caught less fish than us?". "Because you had never learnt how to let go !", true enough ... Tere thought ... being happy, we have to live the day ... being unhappy we still need to live the day. Tere remembered the time when he caught fishes ... it wasn't fishing at all ... it was treated as an outing with friends.

Tere thought about Angie and Simon ... Angie always catch fishy ... perhaps she learnt to let go ... Peacy too ... Peacy catch fishy too ... talking to Peacy, he's a very calm compose kind of person, ever so forgiving. He seems like a saint ... I guess maybe not. So catching fishy is not just the bait and tackles ... its the mood + personality + heart.

Tere went luring while moody ... its basically just casting of lures into the water. No catches ... Tere goes fishing with a light heart ... instead get lotsa fishy. When Angie said "let me show u all how to catch fish", I guess Angie meant see if fishy are still around rather than putting emphasis on catching of fishy to show to us ... guess that's the way to go ...

Tere realised how newbies always catches fishy ... anyway ... there are so much learnt today to pen it here ... Tere just afraid, one day might derail and perhaps will refer back here to read this again.

nevertheless, Tere and old friend did a good deed to help a good friend today. We feel much happier today.

Our parents feel most happy & successful not when children bring back tons of money. Its when their children grows up as responsible people. Also, the children are able to learn and be even better people to teach their future generation.

Sleep first ... continue later.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Fishing & Life

Post by Peace »

Life is kind of like navigating a boat in the sea; your route probably will not be as smooth sailing as you may want it to be, no matter how well you plan for it. Every now and then we need stop to check our position and and compensate our off course from there. That's how we keep things in check. It's good to stop and reflect on our actions and inactions in life. :)

Sometimes it might seem like we're always sailing against the natural elements, but one day, the wind will change. ;)

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Re: Fishing & Life

Post by domvonn »

almost a month and no continue?

heheh fishing is for relaxing.....no fish also considered fishing.
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)