Giants in the forest

This forum is dedicated towards nature appreciation. Share nature related pictures such as sunsets, landscape, plants and animals or interesting things you see during your fishing trips.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Giants in the forest

Post by Peace »

I stopped going into the forest since the wet season has arrived, it looked sunny today and I picked up my camera and headed into the woods. The trails were muddy and it was difficult not to get my feet wet. :( Recent storm fallen a tree over my secret trail, I thought 'hey this is actually good'. :shh:

I started scouting for little critters to shoot and spotted this mosquito resting on a tree bark. This is no macro lens, just a really big mosquito! :shocked:

Later I saw quite a few giant forest ants gathered around the leaf litter, on a closer look I realize they were attracted to the carcass of a dead cockroach. I shot this one trying to drag the cockroach wing back to its nest. I tried shooting without flash but the ambient light was simply too dim. The clouds have gathered and it rained. :raincloud:

I stood under my umbrella for half an hour, the rain seem to stopped but I wasn't sure if it come again. I decided to go back while I am still relatively dry. On my way back I saw frogs coming out to play at the water puddles. Most of them hopped away when I spotted them, only this little fellow stood still in the water puddle and let me shoot. :lol:

arsenal
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Re: Giants in the forest

Post by arsenal »

eh.....producing this kind of fine image must we have a good or so call high end camera?
those picture are amazing, i can even see the mos leg wit full colors n even his hair!!!
kudos to you meow meow :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Post by Tere »

Peacy using low grade camera oni ... the cat bo lui

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Yeap. Tere's right.
Peace is using a normal compact camera. It's the photographer which make the difference.
Everyone of us uses a better camera but when it comes to the actual photo ...
hianz ... I am the worst of the lot.
Heng ah ... now we have a newbie( u all know who lor)
I got more time to catch up ... Tere already taken off ... catch busy tio le.
Trying hard to understand my camera (S3IS) which is seriously under used. ::x:

Btw Peace, I like the mosquitoes pic too.
If it's not a macro shot ... the mozzy ish giant lor. :shocked:

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Post by Tere »

I know how to use S3IS le :lol:

You bling I teach you. Hee hee hee

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Yes, it is a compact camera but just about any average compact can pull this off. :) The picture is cropped, so it looks magnified. But the mosquito itself is around 2cm in length too, that's pretty big. I don't think they suck blood but there are plenty other small ones taking advantage of the situation stealing some of my blood. :mad:

This shot is taken at 1/7 sec shutter speed, I wouldn't have been able to get a clear picture if I hadn't brought my bean bag along. I used it cushion my camera as I press it against the tree bark for stability, took a few tries to get a clear pic. :)

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Peace wrote:This shot is taken at 1/7 sec shutter speed, I wouldn't have been able to get a clear picture if I hadn't brought my bean bag along. I used it cushion my camera as I press it against the tree bark for stability, took a few tries to get a clear pic. :)
Very often than not ... newbies like me will have everything adjusted to find the subject flew away when you wanted to press
on the button. haha ...

You are lucky to have a few good try. :nod:

arsenal
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by arsenal »

wah.....CHIM!!!! :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: think better dun get involves, better tio my huer can liao. :p :p :p

domvonn
Line Mastery
Line Mastery

Post by domvonn »

Peace wrote:Yes, it is a compact camera but just about any average compact can pull this off. :) The picture is cropped, so it looks magnified. But the mosquito itself is around 2cm in length too, that's pretty big. I don't think they suck blood but there are plenty other small ones taking advantage of the situation stealing some of my blood. :mad:

This shot is taken at 1/7 sec shutter speed, I wouldn't have been able to get a clear picture if I hadn't brought my bean bag along. I used it cushion my camera as I press it against the tree bark for stability, took a few tries to get a clear pic. :)

then the mozzie must be a boy boy :)
I am a predatory fish keeper/fisherman/photographer.:)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Here are some more pictures to share. :)