QI FENG Seafood Restaurant LLP

Discuss about all the good food in town. Share your reviews on the various places you've dined here.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

QI FENG Seafood Restaurant LLP

Post by dBs™ »

Edit: Qi Feng has ceased it's operation at the stated address.

The coffeeshop under went renovation recently and a new kopi tiam and seafood restaurant has taken over.

QI FENG SEAFOOD RESTAURANT
Blk 5 #01-2021 Changi Village Road
Singapore 500005

Telephone: 6546 6052

The location , friendly staff and open air environment is why we frequent this restaurant.
It's located at Changi Village, opposite the Changi Ferry Terminal.
A good restaurant whereby they can cook our day's catches from our offshore trip.

They charged reasonably for the preparations and ingredients used depending on how you want the fish to be prepared.
Be it Hong Kong style, curry, deep fried or plain steam ... we will be rewarded for our hard work after a day long out at sea.
We always go home with a satisfied stomach and a broad smile on our face.

This trip ... we had our catches cook in two different ways.
Deep fried grouper which is my all time favourite and curried the silver grunter.
The fish were so fresh ... even Simon who is a fussy eater when come to fish did not complain.
The left over live prawns were plain steamed with garlic ... it's so sweet we wish we had not used so much for fishing.

The chillie crab here are big and fresh. The pincers are huge and very meaty.
You can even pull out the meat from the pincers as a whole, dipped into the chilli sauce ... shiok !
Dipped the fried bun ( man tou ) crispy on the outside soft on the inside right into the chilli sauce ... heavenly !

What's better about eating at this kopitiam style restaurant is that soccer fanatics can enjoy soccer while eating.
Just head down to this kopitiam at Changi Village, order a drink and you can enjoy the match on the wide screen tv.
If there is a huge crowd, you can be sure to be soaked in cheers whenever there is a scores.
The atmosphere and the feel is just so different here ...

Fishing fanatics .... this is one good place you can taste the freshness of your catch right after your trip ...

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Re: QI FENG Seafood Restaurant LLP

Post by Tere »

Can ask them don't put MSG de :lol:

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: QI FENG Seafood Restaurant LLP

Post by dBs™ »

A re-visit to the restaurant recently after an offshore fishing trip with my kakis.
We enjoyed a sumptuous dinner with our own catch.

The restaurant holds live fish stock now ... so if you are looking for live seafood, can give them a try.

I love the different ways this restaurant handles the fish ...
You can have it steam, fry, curry, clay-pot of even fry with bean paste.
As we usually bring in our own catch, that has probably an added advantage as the fish was fresh.

This time we choose to steam a grouper and crispy fried the Chermin.
It was all thumb ups for the Chermin. :thumbsup:

The drunken prawns in clay-pot was very good.
The soup was full of herbal goodness and the sweetness of the prawns ... power ! :drool:
I remembered we finish the soup but not the prawns. lol :lol:
As you need to cooked the prawns a little longer so that the prawn's essence will goes into the soup ...
the prawn meat was a little hard and looses the sweetness compared to just plain steam it.
Do note these were the left over live prawns we used as bait for fishing.

I do not quite like the vegetable dish. Too much starch used but the scallop was good though.
Same goes to the sweet and sour pork. I find it too "sour" with a strong touch of vinegar.
Meat was not too hard but the sweet and sour were simply too extreme.
The bitter gourd omelete was ok. Never try this dish before but it tasted good.

The steamed frog with chicken essence was good too.
But probably we also had drunken prawns which was served first ..
the chicken essence was not felt with the stronger herbal and wine taste from the other dish.

I find that this restaurant can handle fresh fish very well.
Fish dishes has never failed us before, what better is they have a variety of ways to cook different fishes we bring in.
However ... I do notice they tend to use too much starch with the greens.
A definite no no for me.

And our new surprise, the drunken prawns :thumbsup: