Bukit Purmei Lor Mee

Discuss about all the good food in town. Share your reviews on the various places you've dined here.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Bukit Purmei Lor Mee

Post by dBs™ »

BUKIT PPURMEI LOR MEE
Blk 109 Bukit Purmei Road
Kopi-O
Singapore 090109

Opening Hours : 7am - 3.30pm, off on Monday

Given that lor mee is my one of my favourite food, how can I not give this stall at Bukit Purmei a try.

It was probably under renovation when I visited it last week.
Made a 2nd trip and I was rewarded this time, it was open with a long queue snaking all the way to the car park behind the HDB block.
Just like what I have read about and was expecting such a scene too.

I ordered the largest serving of $3.50 a bowl. Didn't took me long to get my gooey bowl of noodles top with lots of chilli and garlic.
It comes with a satisfactory variety of delicious ingredients like ngor hiang, fish cake, braised meat, char siew, meat nuggets etc.
There are two different types of hokkien yellow noodles sold at this stall; the flat yellow type and the round yellow noodles.
I personally prefer the flat type of yellow noodles commonly used for lor mee.
The noodles were nicely cooked, did not lump together and the texture of the noodles was just right.

The determining factor of a good bowl of lor mee is the dark brown stock of the lor mee.
For this stall, the stock of the lor mee was thickened with cornstarch ... coated each strand of noodles nicely
making the noodles very slippery and smooth to savour.
However ... I find the gooey gravy a little too sweet for my likings.
And it lacks the aroma of lor chap which a pipping hot bowl of lor mee should gives off.

It's definitely one of the better lor mee around but it's not the best, for me at least.

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Re: Bukit Purmei Lor Mee

Post by Tere »

Today Tere went to try out Lor Mee at Whampao Market. Lor is a bit on the sweet side ... But I think we must put the Black Vinegar to Balance it ... Go to the wet market side of Hawker Center ... Stall #01-19 ... try try ... else we can go lunch together too. Hee hee Hee.

By the way .. I highly suspect the sweetness is not due to sugar in the lor ... but it might be from the corn starch or potato starch they use ... :D