Lai Lai Casual Dining

Discuss about all the good food in town. Share your reviews on the various places you've dined here.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Lai Lai Casual Dining

Post by dBs™ »

Lai Lai Casual Dinning
来来红烧牛肉面
63 Jurong West Central 3 #B1-60/61 (JP2)
Jurong Point Shopping Centre
Singapore 648331

Business Hours : 10am - 10pm daily

It was a long time ago went we last visited Jurong Point ...
A re-visit recently surprised us. With the new extension, I almost felt I was shopping in Orchard Road.

The large selection of restaurants and food outlets gave us a hard time as we were lost ...
lost in the sense there were simply too many variety we do not know which restaurant to dine in.
Some had really nice deco bracing the shop front ... one even look like a spa more than a restaurant.
We settle for Lai Lai Casual Dinning ... a Taiwanese eatery.
There was a steady stream of people queuing up to get a seat in the eatery so we naturally
assumed that the food should have a certain acceptable standard.

The bulk of the seating at this eatery is open concept.
Shoppers at the upper levels can view you right from the top ... I personally felt kinda uncomfortable.
Felt like you are on show so every movements have to come with care .... else is pee a boo ... :lol:

With the red red menu ... it gave us a second headaches ...
there were simply too many choices at a glance ... we lost again ...
this time duno what to eat. lol !

I finally settled for set B - Taiwanese vermicelli while Simon forgo his favourite meat - beef and went with chicken little!
A bad choice I must say ... his expression on his face speaks for itself.
Tasted really horrible according to him.

I don't really like the noodles ... too soft and gooey to my likings.
I don't mind the "roasted pork" though it reads braised pork on the menu.
My all time favourite - pig's intestine is probably the only dish which we both love at this restaurant.

Love the milk tea here too ... comes with plenty of chewy pearl bites. :thumbsup:

I guess will have to give this restaurant a second chance coz we did not try it's signature dish ... Beef Noodles
well ... it's not call 来来红烧牛肉面for no reason ... :nod: