Sungei Road Laksa

Discuss about all the good food in town. Share your reviews on the various places you've dined here.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Sungei Road Laksa

Post by dBs™ »

Sungei Road Laksa
Block 27 Jalan Berseh,
#01-100 Jin Shui Kopitiam

Opening Hours: 9am to 6pm,
Off on 1st Wednesday of the month

This is one laksa stall that is still using charcoal to keep warm the laksa gravy !

You be able to see the old times traditional aluminum pot cooking on top of a charcoal fire ...
The aroma of the laksa gravy is heavenly.

Some said this is the first stall who had the idea of eating laksa with a spoon ...
Cutting up the noodles with scissors thus you can eat it with just a spoon.

The price is at $2 a bowl, served in a pinkish porcelain bowl with a generous amount of Hum (cockles).
The gravy made with fresh coconut milk was good and tasty ... it was pretty hot to me.
Still you can’t help but slurp down every spoonful of the spicy gravy with a tinge of sweetness.
At $2 a bowl, the portion is good for a small eater only.
Both me and simon can slurp down 2 bowls each anytime. lol ! :eeee:

All in all I find this laksa to be pretty satisfying. :thumbsup:

dBilicious Index : 3.75/5

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Re: Sungei Road Laksa

Post by Tere »

Roxy Square Roxy Square ! :lol:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Personally, I don't like laksa with lots of chilli oil surfacing. The laksa I find pretty much to my liking is the one at beach road, opposite golden mile complex.(At the coffeeshop, not the hawker centre) The gravy was extraordinary nice and not spicy. The stall is still there but they've changed hands I think. The standard dropped quite a bit but I still go back there to eat the laksa when I go down beach road to shop for tackles.

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Post by Tere »

Peace wrote:Personally, I don't like laksa with lots of chilli oil surfacing. The laksa I find pretty much to my liking is the one at beach road, opposite golden mile complex.(At the coffeeshop, not the hawker centre) The gravy was extraordinary nice and not spicy. The stall is still there but they've changed hands I think. The standard dropped quite a bit but I still go back there to eat the laksa when I go down beach road to shop for tackles.
u call me i treat u laksa

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Went to Kelantan Lane today ... Sungei Laksa nearby ... how can don't eat. :lol:
We were lost with choice ... too many good food around the area.
Eventually choose the $2 laksa.
Eat one bowl only ... coz we have to keep the stomach for more food later on. ::x: