All About Fruit Juice

Discuss about all the good food in town. Share your reviews on the various places you've dined here.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

All About Fruit Juice

Post by dBs™ »

An Apple A Day ... Keeps The Doctor Away !

Apple is a cholesterol and fat free fruit packed with loads of vitamins and nutrients.
Apple juice is delicious. It contains healthy amounts of Vitamin C and is also a natural source of niacin, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and calcium.
You will also find high levels of antioxidants and apple keeps you away from heart diseases.

The healthy ingredients in apples (phytochemicals) are natural antioxidants.
It helps to neutralize particles known as free radicals that have been linked to the development of cancer and heart disease.

Apples are highly acidic, but not harmfully so. It comprises of 90 per cent malic acid and 10 per cent citric acid.
The sweetness of this crispy fruit comes from sucrose and fructose, both of which are natural sugars.
Since natural sugars are not harmful for the body, apples are good supplements for diabetic patients.

Apple is also an excellent source of pectin, a fibre that helps reduce blood cholesterol.
One medium-sized apple provides five grams of dietary fiber.
Forget all these studies and information on apple if you aren’t convinced but don’t skip the facts which are given right below.

Why not Apple?

1. Apple juice is good for your heart

2. Apple contains natural sugar. It gives a good energy boost

3. It is a good source of vitamins, especially vitamin C

4. Apples contain dietary fiber

5. It is rich in potassium

6. Ripe apples contain 80 per cent water and are fat free

7. Important minerals are found in apples

8. It is a good weight loss supplement

9. It can control arthritis and rheumatism

10. One apple equals one portion of the five fruit and vegetables required for daily intake

11. This fruit has low sodium content

12. It helps to fight Alzheimer disease

Apart from this, apple juice is beneficial for the treatment of Anemia, Diarrhea, Heart Disease, Kidney Stones, Eye Disorders, and other irritations.

Take note of a vital point

Apples consumed on an empty stomach may lead to indigestion.
They are often sprayed with poisonous chemicals to prevent apples from decay.
The fruit should be thoroughly washed and cleaned in all possible ways before consumption.

APPLES ARE GOOD FOR YOU !

Believe it or not, 1 medium-sized apple:

* Contains no fat, cholesterol, or sodium (salt).
* Gives you more fibre than a serving of oatmeal.
* Has a bit of deadly hydrogen cyanide in the seeds!

Apple juicing is an inexpensive way to improve your body health.
Juices made from fresh fruits are a delicious way to improve your all around body health, and they also provide a great deal of nutrition.
Apples can also be a primary source of soluble and insoluble fiber.
Soluble fiber is a great way to prevent cholesterol buildup, which is found in the lining of blood vessel walls.
This reduces the chance of atherosclerosis and heart disease.
The insoluble fiber in apples provides bulk in the intestinal track.
The water is then held and used to cleanse the intestinal track and moves food rapidly through the digestive system.
Apple juice is a powerful cleanser and an important necessity for the health of your body.

Compounds in apples and apple juice called phytonutrients act in the same way as red wine and herbal tea;
they delay the break down of LDL or "bad" cholesterol. When LDL oxidizes, or deteriorates in the blood,
plaque starts forming along the walls of the coronary artery and causes a dangerous thickening of the artery, called atherosclerosis.

For the elderly generation, drinking fruit juices should begin with apples, especially if you are suffering from arthritis and rheumatism.
This is because apples carry a substantial amount of potassium. For this reason, juicing your apples has been known to ease arthritis and rheumatism. Drinking apple juice also flushes out the liver and kidneys and is low in calories. Over time, this can reduce the chances of having liver or kidney disease.

Apples are not only good for your health, but they're also tasty. Improve your health and start juicing apples today !

Source :

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_g ... juice.html

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/8-18-2005-75058.asp

http://www.soymilkquick.com/applejuice.php

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Apple Cinder Vinegar

Post by dBs™ »

Apple Cider Vinegar

Cider vinegar is a powerful detoxifying and purifying agent.
It breaks down fatty, mucous and phlegm deposits within the body.
By breaking down these substances it improves the health and function of the vital organs of the body, such as the kidneys, bladder and liver, by preventing excessively alkaline urine.
It also oxidizes and thins the blood, which is important in preventing high blood pressure.
This powerful potion also promotes digestion, assimilation and elimination, all the while neutralizing any toxic substances that enter the body.
Cider vinegar has been found to neutralize any harmful bacteria that may be found in certain foods.
When a mixture of cider vinegar and water is taken before a meal (particularly food served in restaurants or at picnics where the preparation or duration of food left uncovered and not refrigerated is questionable), it seems to prevent diarrhea or digestive upsets.

When the body is lacking certain minerals or salts, ill health can be the result.
Toxic build-ups with the body can cause boils, blisters, acne, etc.
Cider vinegar detoxifies and helps with the cleansing and clotting processes of the blood, by helping along the blood oxidation process.

Cider vinegar is thought to be beneficial in the treatment of arthritis, as a beverage or with compresses soaked in hot vinegar applied directly to the joints.
It is also thought to be helpful when used to treat asthma, nose bleeds, osteoporosis, cancer, candida, high cholesterol, colds, constipation, muscle cramps, colitis, diabetes, diarrhea, depression, dizziness, ear discharge, eczema, fatigue, gallstones, kidney stones, hay fever, headaches, heartburn, hiccups, indigestion, insomnia, kidney and bladder problems, metabolism, nasal congestion, sore throats, stiff joints, ulcers and weight loss.

Source :

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8171.asp

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: All About Juices

Post by dBs™ »

http://www.moulinex.com/products/breakf ... ti-pro.htm

Went shopping for a juicer at Courts AMK.

The sales lady was helpful and helped me selected this Moulinex Juicer.

* Ref: BKA1
* Power: 300W
* Ergonomic pusher with wide opening
* Easy to clean surfaces with dishwasher safe parts

Now ... I can enjoy the pleasure of fresh fruit juice in a jiffy.

But ... look at the many parts of the juicer which requires washing :S

For those who have tried making fruit juice at home ...
I am pretty sure you know how much cleaning and washing to be done after.
There's plenty to wash up after making just a cup or two fruit juice.
Well ... that's a little troublesome but I guess the goodness of having a fresh glass of fruit juice
far outweighs the hassle of cleaning up the mess.

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: All About Juices

Post by dBs™ »

Green Apple

Never did I know that green apple juice doesn't taste as sour as the fruit looks.
On the other hand ... It's refreshing with light sweetness.
Tried it once and I fell in love with this drink.

Here I have ... a refreshing glass of green apple juice.
An apple a day really does keep the doctor away.

Apples contain pectin which helps remove any build up of toxins in the intestinal tract.
They also contain beta-carotene, folic acid, vitamin C and other vitamins & minerals.
Apples help get rid of bad cholesterol and prevent cancer.
All this from a simple apple.
And the best way to get these nutrients into your body is through freshly squeezed apple juice.

Green apples selling at 3 for a dollar at the wet market, 4 green apples make a good cup of juice.
I prefers to drink it immediately without adding ice cubes.
Cool refreshing apple goodness ! :thumbsup:

Carrot is one of the more pleasant tasting of the vegetable juices and is full of goodness in the form of vitamins B, C, D, E
and folic acid and beta carotene amongst other things.

If you have only tasted pre packaged carrot juice then freshly squeezed carrot juice will be a real treat.
I tried adding carrot to the green apples.
1 whole carrot with 3 nice green apples make a nice glass of mixed fruit juice.
Taste equally refreshing with added sweetness from the carrot.
You might like to add 1 or 2 ice cubes to the juice but I still prefer to drink it straight from the juicer. :thumbsup:

While having the convenience of fresh juices at home, I do notice that if the apple juice is not consume soon after,
the greenish layer of foam turns brown.

Now, how do we keep the apple juice from turning brown ?

Simply push a lemon through your juicer right before you begin juicing your apple.
The apple peel carries some of its nutritional value.
If you chose not to juice the apple peel, then you will not receive the abundant source of vitamin A that the apple peel carries.
It is always better to juice with the peel on so that you can enjoy all the nutrients the apple has to offer.
You should also wash your apples before you juice them.
This is because they are covered in a very thin layer of wax to help preserve the apple's moisture.
A good portion of the vitamin C content is just underneath the skin. ;)

rookie
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Re: All About APPLES

Post by rookie »

then RED apple gd bo??

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: All About APPLES

Post by dBs™ »

rookie wrote:then RED apple gd bo??
Green Or Red ?

Green are better for baking.
Red are better for eating raw.

Personally, I find no difference between a red or green apple.
It's more a matter of preferences.
Red apple taste sweeter but there are sour ones too.

If it were to be made into a drink ( fresh juice ), I guess they are both great.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Fresh Fruit Juice

Post by Peace »

Are green apples nutritionally better than red apples?
On the whole, both apples are similar in their nutritional content.
On average, a green apple, which is known as Granny Smith, contains about 70 calories, 16g sugars, 2.3g fibre, 172mg vitamin A.

A red apple contains 90 calories, 23g sugars, 2.8g fibre, 176mg potassium and 4.7mg vitamin A.
You are advised to consume fruits with their skin (if edible) to increase the fibre content.
Include a variety of fruits especially brightly coloured ones in your diet as they are rich in phytochemicals (plant chemicals) and can help to prevent diseases such as cancer, stroke and heart disease. Different fruits are rich in different nutrients. Therefore, it is important to eat a variety to obtain maximum benefits.

Source : HPB Online at http://www.hpb.gov.sg

I tend to like red apples better for the extra sweetness. :grin: As for the juice, I've never tried juicing one for myself, probably because I don't have a juicer. :p Hmm, I wonder what's the difference between apple juice and apple sider, at least here in Singapore. I know they could have different meaning to it or possibly the same in different countries.

Very nice writeup on a DIY healthy beverage. :thumbsup: Here's a :beer: ....errr, I mean a glass of :milk: for you. ;)

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: All About Fruit Juice

Post by dBs™ »

What is Yakult?

Yakult is made from skimmed milk powder, sugar, water and our live probiotic strain of good bacteria called Lactobacillus casei Shirota.

What’s in the bottle ?

Yakult is made from a mixture of skimmed milk powder, sugar and water which is ultra-heat treated, then fermented using our live probiotic strain called Lactobacillus casei Shirota.
We add nature-identical flavours, then pour the Yakult into our unique little bottles.
From start to finish, it takes about a week.

Red Lid or Blue Lid

You may have noticed that there are two types of Yakult – Yakult Original and Yakult Light.
Both contain Lactobacillus casei Shirota in equal amounts, but the Light version has less sugar.

Yakult Original has a red lid. Yakult Light is the one in the blue.
There's also apple, grape and orange flavoured Yakult with green/purple/orange lid.

Why am I brining Yakult into the scene ?

Have you ever thought of adding Yakult into your apple juice ? :mischieve:

Wait for me to get home and I show you what I mean ... :lol:

Source :

http://www.yakult.co.uk/default.asp/s=9 ... out_Yakult

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

For those who have never tried adding a bottle of Yakult to your fruit juice, please try. :nod:
You'll be surprise how nice the juice is.

I have chosen to add a bottle of apple flavor Yakult to a glass of green apple juice.
It taste refreshingly good with a tinge of sourness from the green apple.
This combination is especially great after a heavy meal.

Try adding a bottle of Yakult light to red apple juice too.
As red apple tend to be sweeter, I have added Yakult light instead for it's low sugar content.
Another creative combination. :thumbsup:

rookie
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by rookie »

will lao sai anot?

:D :lol:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Haha, I was actually think about the same thing. :p I certainly never tried adding Yakult with fruit juices before, very innovative indeed. Think of the possibilities of adding it to so many other types of fruit juices. ;)

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

dBs and Simon reporting back with no sign of "lao sai" :lol:

Alright ... got wacky and see what I added to my apple juice today :mischieve:

Simon not game for this apple potion so I have to try it myself. :sweatdrop:

I do like papaya with milk ... taste great.
Wonder if apple juice with milk will taste the same ...so here I am today ... trying this combination out.

As usual ... I use green apple to make half a glass of apple juice and mix with 1 small pkt of fresh milk.
The end result ... a semi greenish milk juice ... and it taste ... YUCKS ! 0.o

Don't make me describe it ... I almost wanted to puke.
It's so different from papaya with milk lor~

rookie
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by rookie »

木瓜牛奶!!!

喝奶补奶!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tere
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Egi<Squid<Sotong

Post by Tere »

dBs ... you can mix milk with non acidic fruits ... Milk + Acid = Milk Curds. :lol:

Poor Simon ...

Green Apples + KiWi

Green Apples + Celery

You check carefully ... Yakult made in Malaysia ... the lite version very much cheaper in Malaysia too :lol: