Rod & Reel

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Kevin O'Hara
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Rod & Reel

Post by Kevin O'Hara »

I'm going boat fishing on Monday the 12th of March... What would you highly recommend and where to go to for a very good Rod and Reel...

Really need Expert opinion...
Price is of no option... :cool:
Life Goes On

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Frankly, I don't even own a boat rod. :o :lol: You probably won't get much useful answers from me, sorry.

To get relevant replies, you need to tell us the general location and depth of the waters you are fishing in, ie. local waters like changi, southern islands or Malaysia/other countries.

My general advice is if you're going for typical local waters, a 30-50lbs rated tackle will suffice. Braided lines are preferred as you fish in deeper waters. They have smaller diameter that don't resist current and the 'no-stretch' increases sensitivity.

There are general two places you can shop for tackles which are Beach Road and Changi Village. Or you can visit any of the tackle shops in the directory. I recommend Changi Village Pro-Fishing, for the good service and the variety of tackles. They can help with selection of tackles. ;)

If you're looking for advices from the very experienced and hardcore offshore anglers, I recommend visiting Fishingouting Forum. They have many anglers who frequent local offshore to overseas big game fishing.

That's all the little help I can come up with, hope someone else here can chip in too. :) Good luck on your fishing trip on Monday! :clover:

Kevin O'Hara
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by Kevin O'Hara »

Really appreciate the help man...

Thanks a million for the site...
Life Goes On

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing

Post by desleyhan »

Bro we should be shopping for barang barang for the fishing trip by this weekend. I would need to change my spool to braided line like Peace mentioned.

Let me know when u wanna go.

Kevin O'Hara
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by Kevin O'Hara »

Kevin O'Hara wrote:Really appreciate the help man...

Friday whole day i'll be free or Sunday early afternoon would be good...
Life Goes On

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by desleyhan »

Kevin O'Hara wrote:
Kevin O'Hara wrote:Really appreciate the help man...

Friday whole day i'll be free or Sunday early afternoon would be good...
Make it sunday then ... i'll call u

Kevin O'Hara
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by Kevin O'Hara »

Cool... :nod: Sunday then...
Life Goes On

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Ah, so you're friend of desleyhan, I'm sure you guys will enjoy the shopping spree together. ;) Good luck to you guys on the fishing trip and don't forget to share your catch report with us. Make sure to check your tackles are in good condition, the biggies awaits you! :nod:

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by desleyhan »

Peace wrote:Ah, so you're friend of desleyhan, I'm sure you guys will enjoy the shopping spree together. ;) Good luck to you guys on the fishing trip and don't forget to share your catch report with us. Make sure to check your tackles are in good condition, the biggies awaits you! :nod:
Yes Peace, me & Kevin goes way back ... only knew he fish lately.

Well I have got myself the PowerPro Braided 40lbs 300 yards line at $52.20 and Luck is what I'll need.

Thanks ..... will update with CR soon.