Tide

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

cisco kid
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Tide

Post by cisco kid »

Today at 2037hrs the tide is 1.8 and at 2203hrs also 1.8 ...so my questions are ..what tide you call this and will the fishing be better???? Someone pls help.. :confused:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Not sure if there's a special term for that, but these few days going through neap tides which means that the high tide isn't as high as other days and the low tide isn't as low as other days.

This also means that the fluctuation between tides is low; which translate to very little or no current. This lunar month's neap tide is on the much stagnant side I must say, but I don't think it signifies anything besides very slow current.

As for the fishes, I believe most fishes won't be as active as when there is moderate current. Tuskfishes however, favour no/slow current and are more likely to come out to forage during these times. I'm not sure about other fishes though.

Nature itself is nurtured by changes. Without changes, there would be little or no interaction among living things and its environment. Changes be it current, day or night or seasons causes living forms to react upon it. So change is typically good. No change(in current) probably isn't favourable for fishing. ;)

cisco kid
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by cisco kid »

Thank you peace for the valuable infomation....

cisco kid
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by cisco kid »

BTW I was at Kallang somewhere near 'oasis' last night..fishing with live prawn and dead sotong from 'sengsong'....if only i read your reply before i go...Zero catchlah...but that's fishing rite....again peace thank you...

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner yesterday, but it's good effort by you to try it out anyway. Live prawns are good to target Kim Bak Lor at Kallang, I've personally seen some big ones there before. Good luck on your next try. :)

desleyhan
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing

Post by desleyhan »

Ahh ... you were at Kallang River ... I was at Tanjong Rhu (TJRhu) ..

And Peace was right to say that current is slow. It happened at TJRhu.

But still 2 anglers beside us got a reasonable haul. A good (approx) 1.5 kg Kaci and several Ang Zhor Kee.

Me ... 1 Toadfish and a baby Ang Zhor Kee which was released.

:lol:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

desleyhan wrote:Ahh ... you were at Kallang River ... I was at Tanjong Rhu (TJRhu) ..

And Peace was right to say that current is slow. It happened at TJRhu.

But still 2 anglers beside us got a reasonable haul. A good (approx) 1.5 kg Kaci and several Ang Zhor Kee.

Me ... 1 Toadfish and a baby Ang Zhor Kee which was released.

:lol:
Whoa, that's a very good catch considering the place and tide. It certainly proves slow current can still yield good results ;)

chanturtle
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by chanturtle »

desleyhan thats some nice catch. the last time i went to Tanjong Rhu, i only manage to catch 1 toad fish. :)
An Ordinary BoY FiSHiNG ALL RoUnD SiNGaPORe