Hrlp... cant get any squids..=(

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Prawning
bait fishing

Hrlp... cant get any squids..=(

Post by Daryl »

Went to punggol end jetty with 200 gramms prawns started cast it and retrieve no bite... :( then i started using squid jigs i cast it out and retrieve with some quick twitches on the way but no avail... can anyone tell me how to get the squids ?? i am going today too in the afternoon but i went yesterday in the night.. thks!

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Hrlp... cant get any squids..=(

Post by Peace »

For baiting, are you spinning the prawns or just sinking it to the bottom? Both can work but you might want to try out bottom fishing first while you work on the squid jigs. Check on your prawns whether if they've been touched or eaten, if there are no bites or too many small fishes nibbling on it, you might want to cast at a different direction or move to another location.

For squidding, I guess you just have to try a little harder. Try retrieving a little slower or give pauses to let the jig suspend or fall slowly down to the bottom before continuing to retrieve. Try to cover a range of areas instead of standing at the same spot casting repeatedly. You might want to move down to the beach and comb towards the boulder areas. That place can be quite eerie so try not to wander away from your buddy, rumor has it that spooky things are often seen there in night... :shocked:

Daryl
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Prawning
bait fishing

Post by Daryl »

whats spinning? and the forgot to tell i used a sliding sinker rig =) but there was once its like 11.20 somthing i cast out from the left side of the jetty , i forgot to turn my drag then i was fishing for small little glass fish then the whole rod just fall and my sister manage to hold the rod be4 it drop ito the water i was too excited and reel hard pulled hard suddenly PIAK!=( the line broke , that fish was freaking strong. Surrounding peoople said oh gone.... i felt like WTH... lolz anyways i went today to the jetty nothing for 1 hours plus , i bought wif me a leng a short one about 10 metres plus i and my bro then set it caught a few fish ranging from whiting to mullets ..i would post it later .. :)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Spinning is a term casting and retrieving your bait to attract fish to bite. It's not wise to leave a baited rod unsecured, it's a fishing rod waiting to 'fly'. :lol: You can buy a rod clamp to secure your rod to the jetty or simply use a pvc pipe secured to the jetty with a bicycle rope. Don't leave the rod leaning on railing because it can damage the fishing line.

Let's see your catches from your lengs. :)