Any Tackle Shope near JB checkpoint<malaysia>

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Tanwla
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Lure Fishing

Re: Any Tackle Shope near JB checkpoint<malaysia>

Post by Tanwla »

went to beach road today had a shot for CrossFire n Regal in surprise crossfire seems smoother then regal :shocked: although Crossfire only had 3BB compared with regal's 5BB now i'm quite confused.. i have a $70++ budget but haven have a target.. can anyone help me and recommend me other brands with budget abt $70++ or Advise me...cos getting on Sunday,,

Many Many Thanks

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

For this price range, have you checked out Shimano Aernos XT? If it's slightly over the budget, you can go for the model without the "XT". :)

Also, you may want to check out Shimano's 2010 catalogue.

Tanwla
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Tanwla »

for Shimano Aernos Xt BB only 3 will it make a difference? price abt the same..70+ but ball bearing difference will it affect?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Well, as you've metioned previously that 5 ball bearings in regal didn't seem any better than the 3 in sweepfire I reckon it wouldn't be much of a difference unless they exclude a roller bearing.

Tanwla
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Re: Any Tackle Shop near JB checkpoint<malaysia>

Post by Tanwla »

does aernos xt comes with extra spool? is the internal body metal parts or plastic parts...
Just wanna be sure cos investing for 1st time..

hmmm n i asking too many questions.. if yes forgive me i'm still very very new in fishing.. cheers..

thanks

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

This reel doesn't come with an extra spool, the internal is probably a mixture of plastic and metal. This reel should do fine so long you don't abuse it. Strip the line after every use if you can and clean the reel, it can last you till you're ready for an upgrade.

Tanwla
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Tanwla »

At last after comparing among 4 models > Daiwa Regal 5ia >Daiwa Regal XiA >Daiwa Crossfire 3iB > Shimano Aernos XT
All Daiwa model may comes with more ball bearings n also comes with extra spool but in terms of weight n smoothness it really can't compare with shimano brands.. when i gt a feel of Aernos XT i instantly felt the difference so i ended up purchasing it..

but strange thing is i paired with Eupro braided 20lbs line i wonder is it a heaven match of i did a wrong move maybe get a mono..???
?
anyone can comment on it...?

thanks

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

20lbs braided is fine, but most people would go with 15. Just make sure that the rod you pair with has guides that can withstand the use of braided lines. If you're going for Bassterra EV as you mentioned in the other thread, it'll do just fine as it comes with SiC guides. Braided and mono is often more of a preference when it comes to light tackle, since you already went for braided, just stick to it. :)

miata
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by miata »

hi ts,when you have a fish on, you dun really feel the difference of a couple of bearings. its the gear ratio that plays a big part,btw if i remember correctly ryobi zester or zauber[top up abit] should be a good reel although abit heavier,somebody used a zester 3000[powerpro 20lb] with basstera and landed a 14kg dogtooth in maldives dec 09[Fr is at FK].As for tackle shop there is 1 at permas jaya[Fishing Line look for ah bao] he give better price.IMHO. :)

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

I have crossfire 3ib and with mentainance..its awsome! :D
the aernos and crossfire are the same for me execpt 3ib look rugged while arneos looks more..smooth :lol:
i have to clean the spool now, bye!
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~