multiplyer

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

zufeeqhar
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Lure fishing , offshore fishing

multiplyer

Post by zufeeqhar »

Most of you know about multiplyer or drum reels i wanna know what pound test line should i use cos im using 30 pound test line that is relatively thin. .but everytime the drum tangled the force of the weight pulled the line and cut off my line (do you get what i mean?)
i dun wanna use braid cos 1st expensive 2nd if tangled very hard to untangled it . . so should i use a thicker line??
Usually its not where you fish but how you fish .

Chatellany
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Learning luring and getting into surfcasting.

Re: multiplyer

Post by Chatellany »

Regarding what line poundage you should use, I think it depends on the spec of your reel. Use what is suitable for it according to its specs you should be fine. Technically speaking if the weight Is pulling your line and tangles into beehoon you should adjust the speed so that the line casted out is not too much in control by your weight.

zufeeqhar
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by zufeeqhar »

in other words i should adjust my drag?to avoid my weight to cut my linee?

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

u must thumb the reel so tht it wun beehoon......control the speed mah..
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

zufeeqhar
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by zufeeqhar »

i know i do know how to control but yet sometime the line just become bee hoon more like a mee maggi -.-

zufeeqhar
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by zufeeqhar »

i know i do know how to control but yet sometime the line just become bee hoon more like a mee maggi -.-

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

It takes practice and knowing where the wind blows. A lot of times when you cast against the wind, it causes the sinker/rig to decelerate faster than your reel's free spool causing the birdnest. If your reel comes with cast control, you adjust it bit by bit as you cast a few times till you get the right amount of braking. Even for a reel with cast control, be it centrifugal or magnetic braking, you should thumb the reel when the sinker hits the water for best result.

So if you're casting on a windy day, you may want to be a little extra careful or increase the brake a little.

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

u will get the felling some time ltr
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Post by Vidic »

zufeeqhar wrote:Most of you know about multiplyer or drum reels i wanna know what pound test line should i use cos im using 30 pound test line that is relatively thin. .but everytime the drum tangled the force of the weight pulled the line and cut off my line (do you get what i mean?)
i dun wanna use braid cos 1st expensive 2nd if tangled very hard to untangled it . . so should i use a thicker line??
thicker lines -> tend to cast nearer, easier to untangled a "bird's nest"
thinner lines -> tend to cast further
Monolines, When u are buying lines, take a look at their diameter rather then their poundage. Compare them, different brands have different poundage with diameters.

As in trouble of drum tangling, u might wanna consider the following,
1. Have you laid ur line properly during retrieval?
2. Practice from a light cast 1st, get the motion right, before going further on hard cast.
3. Extend your line from ur tip to ur sinker, u'll know the difference when u do a hard cast.
4. Set ur reel braking mechanism to tightest, and slowly decrease till a level where backlash occurs after complete ur cast, but at it's minimum.
5. When encounter wind situation which Peace mentioned, wind blowing towards u, u can try casting sideways, within 65-90-115 deg, position yourself such that when cast, ur sinker lands at the place u want.
6. Practice makes perfect :D
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

zufeeqhar
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by zufeeqhar »

Keisuke wrote:
zufeeqhar wrote:Most of you know about multiplyer or drum reels i wanna know what pound test line should i use cos im using 30 pound test line that is relatively thin. .but everytime the drum tangled the force of the weight pulled the line and cut off my line (do you get what i mean?)
thicker lines -> tend to cast nearer, easier to untangled a "bird's nest"
thinner lines -> tend to cast further
Monolines, When u are buying lines, take a look at their diameter rather then their poundage. Compare them, different brands have different poundage with diameters.

As in trouble of drum tangling, u might wanna consider the following,
1. Have you laid ur line properly during retrieval?
2. Practice from a light cast 1st, get the motion right, before going further on hard cast.
3. Extend your line from ur tip to ur sinker, u'll know the difference when u do a hard cast.
4. Set ur reel braking mechanism to tightest, and slowly decrease till a level where backlash occurs after complete ur cast, but at it's minimum.
5. When encounter wind situation which Peace mentioned, wind blowing towards u, u can try casting sideways, within 65-90-115 deg, position yourself such that when cast, ur sinker lands at the place u want.
6. Practice makes perfect :D
well thank very much for the info the 1st one i did check and yes it is properly laid
2nd done it since the first trying
3 onwards i will try my best to try :thumbsup: thanks again

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Good advice from Keisuke. He definitely has more experience in casting overhead reels than I have. :nod:

zufeeqhar
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by zufeeqhar »

Peace wrote:Good advice from Keisuke. He definitely has more experience in casting overhead reels than I have. :nod:
at least you contributed to a point appreciated :D