Telescopic Rods

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

teamilk
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: All types of fishing, Prawning

Telescopic Rods

Post by teamilk »

anyone owns or used a Telescopic rod before?
Are those type reliable? strong?

Those type of 1 piece rod, that extends out, like a telescope. Ideal for travel type. It's like prawning rod type, but it's used for fishing.

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Re: Telescopic Rods

Post by limfish »

ummmm...... telecopic are last resort...
they dont hold very well...
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

zufeeqhar
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing, Lure fishing , offshore fishing

Post by zufeeqhar »

I own a telescopic rod that rod cost me 8 bucks and landed a 3 kg stingray with a 30 lbs line it depends on how you care for it great for travel although they might not last long just take care of it on yah my friends bought a 15 ft telescopic rod for 50 bucks Lol
Usually its not where you fish but how you fish .

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Telescopic rods are actually pretty strong, or rather strong enough for most types of fishing despite having multiple rod sections. Shimano Holiday Spin or Surf Leader are example of fine telescopic rods. You may also want to consider rods that are multi-joint like the Shimano Axis STC (5 piece).

teamilk
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: All types of fishing, Prawning

Post by teamilk »

I guess the brand shimano is the important factor there. Lol.
Saw a set of 7ft and 8ft telescopic rods going for S$40+ total only. Was contemplating whether to buy anot.

Shimano axis??? Is that the "banana rod"?
I keep forgetting the model name for the shimano "banana rod"!
I was at the shimano shop months back, they keep promoting that rod, which I think it's really worth the price. Shd have got it back then

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

I'm sorry, it's just that I am more familiar with Shimano rods. I'm not affiliated to them by the way. The nickname banana rod comes about from its colour but originally used to refer to a model of surf rod called Horizon SC Special which is yellow in colour. Axis is a 5 piece travel rod but also yellow in colour.

Just a personal opinion, I find most telescopic rods lacking stiffness to my liking. Travel rods like axis have the stiffness but it's rather pricey. But there are other brands that offer travel rods at lower price. I think Xpuyu offers one under 50 dollars.