Tide Table April is Wrong!!!

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

jofrijon
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Handline Fishing, Reel Fishing

Tide Table April is Wrong!!!

Post by jofrijon »

Dear Bros....

Have some one check on the tide table April 2011 oledi ? I think something is wrong over here... Today is 17 April should be full moon Chinese 15th but on this tide table April writing that the full moon will be on 20 April....

Did I miss something here ?

Someone helps pleasee

-J-

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Tide Table April is Wrong!!!

Post by Peace »

Although Chinese Calenders have been around for a long time and are based on Lunar movements they aren't always accurate as modern astrology methods to predict moon phases. Although predictions are not the same but they're pretty close, you can look at the moon on the two different predicted days to see which moon is rounder. :p

What's really important to fishing is the tide level which ultimately affects the current speed. You can roughly tell the day with the fullest moon with the highest tide level though that may not be always true. Lunar Calendar is useful if you can remember what lunar day it is and it gives you an idea of what the tide would be like without looking at a tide table.

For me, I always refer to the tide table.