Rig

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Geraud
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Rig

Post by Geraud »

What is the best rig to use for singapore kelong ( around ubin)?

Lurer
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Luring

Re: Rig

Post by Lurer »

Paternoster aka Apollo rig? 2 Hooks and running ledger rig? and probably a float rig with live prawns if hunting for kbl.. juz a few tips i heard of ... ^^

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

The seabed around ubin Kelongs are usually quite soft, you can feel your sinker slowly sinking further down even when it touches the bottom. I would recommend using LSBF for this sort of place for targeting medium to large fish, particularly stingrays. Alternative to that is to use a running sinker rig, Apollo works too but you might want to tie the hook line a little higher.

Geraud
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Geraud »

What is running sinker rig? Do I need to cast lsbf or do I just need to drop it in?

Lurer
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Luring

Post by Lurer »

actually both is alright as fishes hides from the current to rest under the kelong but u normally catch small ones as they resides and hide from predator howver grouper maybe hiding under as they are juz waitng for a small fish to ambush goood lucky on ur fishing trip ^^

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Post by Vidic »

Playing around the kelong, i would suggest 1 hook apollo. Main line poundage higher then leader. So that when u get snag, u will get ur sinkers back less the hooks. Drop around the stilts, thats where the fishes hide. :p

Otherwise, if u are casting to the open, away from the kelong, use lsbf or running sinkers. They are the best for biggies. :p
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Are you really fishing from a Kelong or those floating fish farm? If you are not familiar with the spots around the Kelong or fish farm, dropping directly down might be a good idea. Many fish come close to Kelong and fish farm to seek shelter and food, including big ones.

The running sinker rig.

noobANGLER
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure fishing and handline fishing and squid fishing

Post by noobANGLER »

Geraud wrote:What is the best rig to use for singapore kelong ( around ubin)?
It depends on wat fish u r targetting.If u are catching groupers or barramundi,u can use LSBF and apollo rig.A pro angler pls correct me if i am wrong,THNKS! :sweatdrop: