Fishing Paradise

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Mr.LURE
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure fishing,handline fishing

Fishing Paradise

Post by Mr.LURE »

im wanna try out the main pond of fishing paradise/pasir ris fishing pond,anyone here can recommend rods of suitable strength n size 2 me???THKS :)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Fishing Paradise

Post by Peace »

Just some food for thought. When it comes to pond fishing, many anglers seek thrill using ultralight tackles to lengthen the fight. There's limited area whereby the fish can swim so people aren't too concerned about stopping power. Then again when it comes to ethics and courtesy, it's not exactly good to be exhausting a fish to its death nor crossing other anglers' lines just because you choose to use ultralight tackles.

So goes down to your personal preference, but you should typically use at least a 10-20lbs rod if you want some control over the fish or to steer it away from snaggy areas.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Re: Fishing Paradise

Post by sgpu »

Mr.LURE wrote:im wanna try out the main pond of fishing paradise/pasir ris fishing pond,anyone here can recommend rods of suitable strength n size 2 me???THKS :)
a rod 5ft- 10ft capable of loading line strength 10- 14lbs coupled with a reel with max drag about 4kg, should sufficed.

rod any length longer you really got to watch where you position. there are obstacles like umbrella, trees, and chairs lying around.

to avoid and disappointment that might arise. i would heed peace's advise :nod:
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???