Maintaining Reels

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Brandelyne
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Maintaining Reels

Post by Brandelyne »

I have an old Abu Garcia spinning reel and a new daiwa reel. How do i maintain it from rusting ? I feel that my Abu Garcia reel is not that smooth anymore. Please advice me on this as i'm a newbie in fishing. :p

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Re: Maintaining Reels

Post by sgpu »

good morning . . . wow 0348hrs . . .
it must have been really troubling *kidding

it would be more helpful if you suggest what is the model. i don't think you would need advise asking you to do lure fishing with a surf cast reel. as surf cast reel are most time, sturdy, heavy vs luring's reel requires lighter mass weight for mobility.

if its not smooth, you might want to consider having it serviced (cleaning and re-grease) service charges range, $20 - $40.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

Maintaining Reels

Post by Oinkie »

Brandelyne wrote:I have an old Abu Garcia spinning reel and a new daiwa reel. How do i maintain it from rusting ? I feel that my Abu Garcia reel is not that smooth anymore. Please advice me on this as i'm a newbie in fishing. :p
I'm also newbie learning new things along the way...... How about describing not smooth in which area?

As you had mentioned your got a new daiwa reel, I'm sure it does comes in a box and there is a big piece of paper that contains instructions and schematic of the reel. Do take a look it contains details of basic maintenance of the reel. It maybe in Japanese but picture do paint a thousand. If you want further in depth just google to you should be able to get your answer.

Cheers