Toman fishing tips.

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

weaver
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure Fishing,offshore fishing and prawning

Re: Toman fishing tips.

Post by weaver »

mayb u use 2 treble hooks tie on a line? got higher chance the fish can get hook

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

I always had the impression it was hit or miss thingy, have you experienced differently of tomans at different places? Maybe the tomans in that lake are so frequently fished that they've gotten smart. :p Lures can actually work well given the right time, the problem is it's extremely hard to lure in a place with anglers using live baits due to the likelyhood of line crossing.

I would just keep trying different methods to see how things changes, use lower diameter lines, even longer waiting times, circle hooks till I get it right. :)

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Post by Kishore »

Gents,
Like i said.I will keep knocking at it.
Cheers.

BeachBum
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Lure fishing

Post by BeachBum »

You can use a smaller catfish, but don't know if it will fly off the hook after casting out. The bigger baits will catch the bigger fish. Also can try tilapias or other fishes too as bait.

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Guys,
GT aka Giant Trevally,what is the connection in Toman Fishing Tips?

Simplicity
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Handline fishing !

Post by Simplicity »

erm im a noob but .. how about getting a smaller fish? so it can be swallowed in one gulp?

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Simplicity wrote:erm im a noob but .. how about getting a smaller fish? so it can be swallowed in one gulp?
I am still lost here. First you started with Giant Trevally aka GT then this.....Getting a smaller fish? Swallowed in one gulp? Did i miss anything before your Giant Trevally thread?
Please do not answer with another Riddle.

ping
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Spin Fly

Post by ping »

I think both poptiger and Simplicity were using your thread to post their own questions, they should had posted their questions in a new thread instead, to prevent confusion.

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

ping wrote:I think both poptiger and Simplicity were using your thread to post their own questions, they should had posted their questions in a new thread instead, to prevent confusion.
I was under the impression that once a thread was open,all Questions and Answers will be related to that subject.
To tell you the truth,it caught me by surprise.When i asked,what was the connection between GT and Toman fishing,
there was no reply,then came use smaller fish and swallowed in one gulp.I was thinking that whoever that was has a new method in landing a Toman.
Gents,
To avoid Confusion and Guessing,please refrain from asking unrelated Questions to a thread which was already open.If your Question is not related to the thread which was already open,please open a new thread.

abk
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: beginner in fishing

Post by abk »

" To avoid Confusion and Guessing,please refrain from asking unrelated Questions to a thread which was already open.If your Question is not related to the thread which was already open,please open a new thread."
Bro,
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Splitted the topic. I believe Simplicity was suggesting to use a smaller bait.

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Simplicity wrote:erm im a noob but .. how about getting a smaller fish? so it can be swallowed in one gulp?
Eversince i fished in that Lake,i have landed 3 Tomans.One was 4.5 kilos,3 kilos and 2 1/2 kilos.All landed with hooks(size 7/0) almost at the end of the Toman's mouths.None of the 3 Tomans swallowed the bait.All bites were on the second hook and the 1st hook was just dangling.I had almost 13 misses.
I have used live cat fish from small to really big as bait.In figures,small will be 6 ins long and really big will be 12ins and above.
The bite rates on really big cat fish is much more than small cat fishes.

Simplicity,
The above was posted in page One in November last year.I am sure you will agree with me,when i consider
a 6 ins long catfish small.Anything shorter means smaller,i would not be able to hook up to a size 7/0 Owner hook.

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Peace wrote:Splitted the topic. I believe Simplicity was suggesting to use a smaller bait.
Gents,
I would like to make a suggestion.Everybody here has the right in giving their own opinions and advice.What that matters is where it is posted.Before posting your message,please read all the contents on that subject and fully understand it.That way it will avoid Confusion and Guessing.
Cheers,
Kishore aka Toman Warrior.

abk
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: beginner in fishing

Post by abk »

Kishore wrote:
Peace wrote:Splitted the topic. I believe Simplicity was suggesting to use a smaller bait.
Gents,
I would like to make a suggestion.Everybody here has the right in giving their own opinions and advice.What that matters is where it is posted.Before posting your message,please read all the contents on that subject and fully understand it.That way it will avoid Confusion and Guessing.
Cheers,
Kishore aka Toman Warrior.
Toman Warrior,you remind me of Jakub Vagner(Fish Warrior).I don't believe that i have seen Jakub fishing for a Toman.Has anybody seen that on TV?

weaver
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: lure Fishing,offshore fishing and prawning

Post by weaver »

yes i have seen that show that guy is AMAZING!!!love that show..but no toman :cry: on him only river monsters then got toman :)
hey kishore are u still looking for that toman? lol