Fixing

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

draken
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Surf Fishing

Fixing

Post by draken »

Hey guys, i have an old Bando spin reel, but sadly the drag is spoil i cant turn it,this bando reel is an old type as the drag it on the bottom of the reel itself which can be turn..i want to ask if any of u know where i can fix and repair it and roughly,how much does it cost me to repair my reel :)

ilurbtambans
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Re: Fixing

Post by ilurbtambans »

u can bring it to any tackleshop and ask if they provide reel servicing. eg changi pro, takes abt a week :D

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

Fixing

Post by Oinkie »

draken wrote:Hey guys, i have an old Bando spin reel, but sadly the drag is spoil i cant turn it,this bando reel is an old type as the drag it on the bottom of the reel itself which can be turn..i want to ask if any of u know where i can fix and repair it and roughly,how much does it cost me to repair my reel :)
They may not have the replacement parts available as you had mentioned an old reel. Best if you could bring down to tackle shops that knows how to service reel.

draken
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by draken »

Oinkie wrote:
draken wrote:Hey guys, i have an old Bando spin reel, but sadly the drag is spoil i cant turn it,this bando reel is an old type as the drag it on the bottom of the reel itself which can be turn..i want to ask if any of u know where i can fix and repair it and roughly,how much does it cost me to repair my reel :)
They may not have the replacement parts available as you had mentioned an old reel. Best if you could bring down to tackle shops that knows how to service reel.
But i tried a few shops oredi but it seems dat they dun have bando spare parts.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

It's difficult to get replacements from tackleshop unless you can get hold of the manufacturer/distributor. I believe Brando has been rebranded as Banax now, Korean reels. Unless the reel holds some sentimental values, I'd say it's easier and cheaper buying a new reel.

draken
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by draken »

Here is the pic of the reel itself

draken
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by draken »

Peace wrote:It's difficult to get replacements from tackleshop unless you can get hold of the manufacturer/distributor. I believe Brando has been rebranded as Banax now, Korean reels. Unless the reel holds some sentimental values, I'd say it's easier and cheaper buying a new reel.
but its the drag which is spoilt not the reel itself ..

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

But it is also useless if you can't get a replacement drag parts right? ;) This certainly does look like an old reel, you don't need to go down every tackle shop, just call them up and ask if they have the parts or know who the distributor is.

draken
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by draken »

Do u have the number of the tackle shop that u recommend??

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

You can try calling Hong guan, Joe's tackle, changi pro or riverland. You can find the numbers on the tackle shop directory. You should have the reel checked out first, it may not necessarily need a replacement part to repair it. Take note that troubleshooting alone will incur a charge.

draken
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by draken »

Peace wrote:You can try calling Hong guan, Joe's tackle, changi pro or riverland. You can find the numbers on the tackle shop directory. You should have the reel checked out first, it may not necessarily need a replacement part to repair it. Take note that troubleshooting alone will incur a charge.
What do u mean by checking out the reel and troubleshooting?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Yes, by that I mean opening up the reel and diagnose the problem.

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

you could sell it as an valuable peice of reel history.
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~