night luring

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

punggolspc
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Not that much of a experience angler . Into salt water fishing and freshwater lure fishing.

night luring

Post by punggolspc »

Can you lure at night ? If can , what type of lure and what colour should be use? . Does the moon plays a part? Some one help me ! :S

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Re: night luring

Post by dBs™ »

Of course you can lure at night ... in fact I prefer to lure at night.

What types of lures ... very hard to answer this question.
How about we ask where you intend to lure and what is the target fish ?

Sometimes, it is not necessary to say this lure for this fish ...
You can try all lures, it's the action of the lure that matters.
How you work your lure to entice the fish to bite.
Take lots of skill and practicing ...

As for colors of lure, since it's night time, choose something "visible" in water ...
Colors like white or luminous colors ...
You be surprised black works too, if the lure has a pair of shiny red eyes ~ :mischieve:

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Fish detects prey by vibrations and smell as well so darkness won't be much of a problem for especially for fishes that are adapted to night hunting such as the barramundi. A lot of fishes are active at night while some like the parrotfish sleeps during this time.

Welcome to HLF, punggolspc.

punggolspc
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: Not that much of a experience angler . Into salt water fishing and freshwater lure fishing.

Post by punggolspc »

dbs : I'm aiming for kbls and grouper . At changi near the boat area where you wana head to ubin. Soo what lure is the most effective according to your experience ?

Peace : thanks a lot for the welcome and your info . This won't be my last post for sure :D

dBs™
HLF Pal
HLF Pal

Post by dBs™ »

Grouper you will need to use diver ...
Why diver ? Coz grouper likes to hide in rocky area and for your "bait" to reach them ?
You will need to use diver. The name has it ... can dive down right under to reach the grouper house.
Which also means ... easy to sangkot lor.

If you are playing at the jetty area for kbl, best to go during full tide ...
They do come into the canal and feed and goes out into the sea during down going tide.
That's when the time to catch them.
Try under the bridge or further down the bend where there is a clusters of black boulders.
Like I said before, try out all the lures you have ... it's the action that matters but kbl especially like 红头乒.
Those lure with white body and a red head ...
Good luck and don't forget to share your cr with us.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

matters don't give off light by itself. don't buy any more lures rather, i suggest you make do with your own. give it some faith.
reflectives, dull colors, noisy, silent, tail that causes turbulence they all work.
work your lures with an appropriate speed.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???