Fish Fighting

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Fish Fighting

Post by Kishore »

Gents,
I have always seen this on Tomans and Peacock Bass.When the fishes are hooked and you reel them in.
There is no issue.Only when they come close to you they start to fight and want to break free.Some folks
say that when the fish comes close and sees humans it starts to panic.I have encountered on many occasions
even when the fish is not visible and comes near me it starts to fight .What is the reason for that?
Kishore

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Fish Fighting

Post by Peace »

Biologically, fishes can be more aggressive when they're in mating, nesting or guarding broods. Other than that, I believe that they are like any other animals, some are inherently temperamental. Sex of fish probably has different aggression as well. Sometimes the panick can also be due to the position the hook is set and also the strength behind it. The fish may experience irritation which causes the fish to frantically shaking the lure/hook off.

QTfisher
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Surf, Handline, offshore. but all kinds also good.

Post by QTfisher »

may also be due to direction of pull. when the fish is closer the angle of pull tends to be upwards rather than forwards through the water. that causees the fish to panic more because it realises that something is trying to get it out of the water

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Streetmonkey »

Jus like.. When the girl u hook .. Dun like u.. Will try mean n way to shake u off... But if the ger like u... Guai guai like u hook lor...hahaha

Actually it some innate chateristic of most creature.. Flight mode or fight mode. Dun set tension too tight.. Enjoy the fight... Even human also adopt flight or fight mode. It take about a second or two to determine which mode to.deploy..... So it kinda innate...

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Post by Kishore »

Streetmonkey wrote:Jus like.. When the girl u hook .. Dun like u.. Will try mean n way to shake u off... But if the ger like u... Guai guai like u hook lor...hahaha

Actually it some innate chateristic of most creature.. Flight mode or fight mode. Dun set tension too tight.. Enjoy the fight... Even human also adopt flight or fight mode. It take about a second or two to determine which mode to.deploy..... So it kinda innate...
@Streetmonkey,
With reference to your 1st paragraph,are you trying to say that if a FISH likes you it will not shake u off?
I have only heard one person say that .....Quote' I THINK THAT THIS FISH REALLY LIKES ME' those words were said
by Jakub Vagner aka Fish Warrior.

Kishore