Tackle for Pond Fishing

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Tackle for Pond Fishing

Post by Burpp »

Hi all,
was looking for a set of tackle for pond fishing. Any set to intro? Was looking at Eupro Salty Chief to go with Shimano aernos XT. Is this setup good enough? Or is there any other good recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Tackle for Pond Fishing

Post by Peace »

What pond and type of fish will you be using the setup for? That setup is generally a good overall pond tackle depending on the type of thrill and nature of the pond area. Some people likes lighter tackle for longer thrill, some likes heavier to ensure more successful landings. Also, what's your budget?

Welcome to HLF, Burpp. :)

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

Peace wrote:What pond and type of fish will you be using the setup for? That setup is generally a good overall pond tackle depending on the type of thrill and nature of the pond area. Some people likes lighter tackle for longer thrill, some likes heavier to ensure more successful landings. Also, what's your budget?

Welcome to HLF, Burpp. :)
My budget around $150-$200.
Any good recommendation bro? I am trying the pond at pasir ris pond, snapper, garoupa,

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

I've not fished at Pasir Ris Pond before but I understand that the main pond is rather big ya? If Salty Chief can comfortably cast the distance you need there then your original choice is pretty much what I would stick to. Stradic CI4 are pretty popular among pond anglers for its light frame and smoothness, but it's over your budget though.

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

For rod will be eupro or maybe bassterra. Reel i am still deciding if i should go with shimano elf.

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: freshwater fishing and occasionally sea fishing
ask me anything about freshwater fishing and i will try to answer them :D

Post by patrick2405 »

Burpp wrote:For rod will be eupro or maybe bassterra. Reel i am still deciding if i should go with shimano elf.
your aernos xt is what size? i have a elf (old blue version) 4000 size and goes strong be it saltwater or freshwater :nod:

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

patrick2405 wrote:
Burpp wrote:For rod will be eupro or maybe bassterra. Reel i am still deciding if i should go with shimano elf.
your aernos xt is what size? i have a elf (old blue version) 4000 size and goes strong be it saltwater or freshwater :nod:
Was thinking of c3000 or 4000.

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by patrick2405 »

Burpp wrote:
patrick2405 wrote:
Was thinking of c3000 or 4000.
i havent used aernos before but elf is quite reliable :) i bought it when it was discon. at only $50 :eyebrow:

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

WOW! THat's cheap! ELF cost around 80-110 nowadays. That's why i looking at aernos XT, slightly cheaper. i should go changi pro and ask about it later this week. Where you guy's normally gets your tackle from?

Streetmonkey
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by Streetmonkey »

U can also try west coast blk 504, the rod n reel r kinda cheap as to compare to "pro" shop. Looking under the tqckle directory in the forum. They do carry penn and pflueger....

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by patrick2405 »

Burpp wrote:WOW! THat's cheap! ELF cost around 80-110 nowadays. That's why i looking at aernos XT, slightly cheaper. i should go changi pro and ask about it later this week. Where you guy's normally gets your tackle from?
hahas that time clearing discontinued stock thats why cheap.... and regading pricing, some shops sell damn cheap but maybe is rejected goods you also dunno.... "pro" shops more ex but got warranty and they will gladly help you but pay abit more lorhs.... i usually buy mine from fishing buddy

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

patrick2405 wrote:
Burpp wrote:WOW! THat's cheap! ELF cost around 80-110 nowadays. That's why i looking at aernos XT, slightly cheaper. i should go changi pro and ask about it later this week. Where you guy's normally gets your tackle from?
hahas that time clearing discontinued stock thats why cheap.... and regading pricing, some shops sell damn cheap but maybe is rejected goods you also dunno.... "pro" shops more ex but got warranty and they will gladly help you but pay abit more lorhs.... i usually buy mine from fishing buddy
The price on fishing buddy website is before discount?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

If you're considering ELF, you may want to consider NASCI too. I think there's only slight price different between them. NASCI has one more bearing and uses ARB I think.

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

I think i will short list the Elf and Nasci. Now, should i go for the C3000 or the 4000? C3000 with a drag of 4kg, 4000 with a drag of 6kg. Which should i get?

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker

Post by patrick2405 »

Burpp wrote:I think i will short list the Elf and Nasci. Now, should i go for the C3000 or the 4000? C3000 with a drag of 4kg, 4000 with a drag of 6kg. Which should i get?
if you intend to use offshore after the trip, get 4000. but if using in freshwater or ponds 3000 is enough unless you kiasu cos should be same price