Level Winder

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Level Winder

Post by Kishore »

Gents,
I have yet another Question to ask about Low Profile Reels.Has anybody here seen the Level Winder
on a LP reel move when they cast out?The Level Winder only moves when you coil up the line.To what i have
observed on my many casting on a LP reel,if the Level Winder moves when you cast out you can gain greater
distance with your cast.What i meant was,if the Level Winder does not move when you are casting out,the
angle of the line from the spool and the Level Winder will become awkward at every rotation of the spool thus
hindering casting distance.
Kishore

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Level Winder

Post by Peace »

I believe Abu Revo Toro has non disengaging level wind which is what you're looking for.

Additional info for those who are interested; low profile reels are commonly designed with disengaging level wind because it allows better casting for light lures. Low profile reels have the level wind further away to the spool than a typical round profile so they don't suffer as much line pressure on the level wind, that's why designers find it more beneficial to use a disengaging level wind for better casting distance instead.

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Re: Level Winder

Post by Kishore »

Peace wrote:I believe Abu Revo Toro has non disengaging level wind which is what you're looking for.

Additional info for those who are interested; low profile reels are commonly designed with disengaging level wind because it allows better casting for light lures. Low profile reels have the level wind further away to the spool than a typical round profile so they don't suffer as much line pressure on the level wind, that's why designers find it more beneficial to use a disengaging level wind for better casting distance instead.

Thanks for your information.
I will check out that reel.