Baitcasting Reel

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

Baitcasting Reel

Post by Oinkie »

As I've mentioned do a bit of ground work. What you see in the Internet may not be available here locally. Period. Best is to go down to the shops check out every reel available and friendly to your pocket. As the saying goes one man's meat is another's poison. What I recommend may not be suitable for you. Usually the shop people will be in a better position to advise you. I learn most of my stuffs there. They even tells me what to look out for or teach me how to tie a particular rig if I want to target certain fishes. Just be humble keep your options open.

There's seems to have a lot of confusion here about the bc reels. If you want answers my suggestion please be more specific to what you want. One moment somebody talks about luring reels the next moment reels for offshore and surf casting. If you are specific you will get your answers. We are all here to learn, even the pros are still learning new things everyday.

Most people I meet are generally nice they will advise accordingly, as I say please ask specific questions. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Re: Baitcasting Reel

Post by Kishore »

Oinkie wrote:As I've mentioned do a bit of ground work. What you see in the Internet may not be available here locally. Period. Best is to go down to the shops check out every reel available and friendly to your pocket. As the saying goes one man's meat is another's poison. What I recommend may not be suitable for you. Usually the shop people will be in a better position to advise you. I learn most of my stuffs there. They even tells me what to look out for or teach me how to tie a particular rig if I want to target certain fishes. Just be humble keep your options open.

There's seems to have a lot of confusion here about the bc reels. If you want answers my suggestion please be more specific to what you want. One moment somebody talks about luring reels the next moment reels for offshore and surf casting. If you are specific you will get your answers. We are all here to learn, even the pros are still learning new things everyday.

Most people I meet are generally nice they will advise accordingly, as I say please ask specific questions. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gents,
1st of all sorry for not giving any feedback,let me put it this way i was in a place where i could not access the
net.(not allowed).
OK,about going down to the shops to check out the products,please bear in mind that the shops will always BAD-MOUTH
the product which they do not carry and their goal is to sell what they have in stock.Like what is said above,keep an open mind and see what is really suitable for you after hearing from them.
Go to acouple of shops and see what they can offer.Add all the information and in doubt ask that Question here and we
will be more than happy to give our advice.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android.

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Re: Baitcasting Reel

Post by limfish »

A simple (and effective way) is to keep an sharp eye for the sinker, i know it might be hard, but thats what i do.
I watch the bait as it makes its way to the water, and when its just a few meters (or CM) away from the water line, apply pressure onto the reel, thus preventing the dreaded birdnest.
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~