Floater and HK hook.

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Toman fishing tips

Floater and HK hook.

Post by Kishore »

Image[url=http:Image//imgur.com/cpg8t]Image[/url]Image
Gents,
Hooks can be bought at Block 934 Yishun Central.It is on the same building as the Yishun Town
Council.It is sold in a Fish Aquarium on the ground floor of that building.
Flashers bought from Born 2 fish.(My good friend Raymond)
Tie flashers to hook using normal sewing thread,add 2 plastic balls on the bottom of hooks to make it look like eyes.
Upon completion, drop a few drops of super-glue on the thread.
From the main line to top of floater and a 2 foot long leader and then comes the HK hook.
Then you are good to go.
Wait till you see a splash,cast into it.
Point rod downwards 45 deg.coil up.
While coiling up,pull rod towards you with every couple of rotations on the cranking handle.
That will give sometime for the hook which is weighted to come in a straight line and drop and continue on a straight line
again.
Happy Fishing.

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Floater and HK hook.

Post by Peace »

Thanks for sharing your peacock bass rig, it certainly does look interesting. It probably can work too without the float, but I guess the float allows slower and different motion of retrieving. It also prevents it from sinking all the way into the bottom. Is there a specific colour that works better?

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Peace wrote:Thanks for sharing your peacock bass rig, it certainly does look interesting. It probably can work too without the float, but I guess the float allows slower and different motion of retrieving. It also prevents it from sinking all the way into the bottom. Is there a specific colour that works better?
Peace,
The Two colours which work the best is Red and White(I mean complete Red or Complete White)
Kishore

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Peace wrote:Thanks for sharing your peacock bass rig, it certainly does look interesting. It probably can work too without the float, but I guess the float allows slower and different motion of retrieving. It also prevents it from sinking all the way into the bottom. Is there a specific colour that works better?
Gents,
The reason for using a floater is when you cast out and retreive the line.The floater makes a sound cutting across the
water and that is what that attracts the Peacock bass.
Kishore

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

Ah I see, that makes sense. Do you think attaching a spinnerbait to the float may work better? They have blades that produce vibration and reflects light in addition to the skirt.

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

Peace wrote:Ah I see, that makes sense. Do you think attaching a spinnerbait to the float may work better? They have blades that produce vibration and reflects light in addition to the skirt.
To tell you the truth i have never thought of using anything else other than the Floater and HK hook rig.The reason being
there has never been a day(Touch Wood) when i used that Rig and did not land a GOOD SIZED Peacock Bass.I was just
thinking that if something works well,there is no need to change it.
Tell you what,i will try out what you have suggested,and if it works i will post it here with pictures included.(pics included
because i have the hang of it now)

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor

Post by Peace »

It's just something to try out if you're interested and if it doesn't do as well it only reinforces the effectiveness of your rig. :) I should try that too sometimes and compare that to hard lures.

stout infantfish
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive
Fishing interest: Net fishing

Post by stout infantfish »

The experience talking to the expert.Both have valid grounds of reasoning.Well done guys :nod: I like that.If it ain't spoilt,don't fix it.But if you never try,you would'nt know :thumbsup:

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

i think the float might complement the rig. the wave rushing, and the rig reaching its intended depth.

Great idea! :nod:
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

sgpu wrote:

i think the float might complement the rig. the wave rushing, and the rig reaching its intended depth.

Great idea! :nod:
That is correct.When i cast out and retreive the line,the first to come is the floater and the sound of the floater
cutting across the water and the leader in its full extend with the HK hook in tow.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

good luck . . . if the first fish comes, go rompin target sail . . .

i got a good feel about it, but awaits your report.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Kishore
Bite Sensitive
Bite Sensitive

Post by Kishore »

sgpu wrote:good luck . . . if the first fish comes, go rompin target sail . . .

i got a good feel about it, but awaits your report.
My pleasure,if i do,i will post it here.(not to forget pics included)