Closed Face Reels

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

Re: Closed Face Reels

Post by Oinkie »

abk wrote:End of story...........where do we go from here?
No paypal/ credit cards = no buying from online.

99.9% online merchants requires that. 0.1% wants you wire cash to them.

abk
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie
Fishing interest: beginner in fishing

Post by abk »

Oinkie wrote:
abk wrote:End of story...........where do we go from here?
No paypal/ credit cards = no buying from online.

99.9% online merchants requires that. 0.1% wants you wire cash to them.
With reference to my last message.Amazon refuse to send the reel i require to Singapore.
After filling the address to be sent to,another window opens and says give another address.
That shows that Amazon will not deliver to Singapore and it has nothing whatsoever to do with payment. Be it be
Pay-pal,Visa,Amex,WesternUnion,Cash and the list goes on and on.That is the bottom line.

Oinkie
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Offshore Fishing, biking, kooning, makaning....

Post by Oinkie »

abk wrote:With reference to my last message.Amazon refuse to send the reel i require to Singapore.
After filling the address to be sent to,another window opens and says give another address.
That shows that Amazon will not deliver to Singapore and it has nothing whatsoever to do with payment. Be it be
Pay-pal,Visa,Amex,WesternUnion,Cash and the list goes on and on.That is the bottom line.
Try reqistering Vpost to ship to Singapore. But still require PayPal or credit card payment.

More about Vpost please google.com to find out.

abk
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by abk »

My Fellow Anglers.There must be somebody here who have bought reels on the net.
Could that somebody please tell me the sellers name on the net.It will be paid by Credit Card.
Thanks.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

for overseas online shopping create an account with https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/index1.jsp
you can substitute your overseas address with the account you registered. so you still get to enjoy 'free' shipping cost in U.S but require to pay a fair shipping amount to Vpost.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

abk
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by abk »

sgpu wrote:for overseas online shopping create an account with https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/index1.jsp
you can substitute your overseas address with the account you registered. so you still get to enjoy 'free' shipping cost in U.S but require to pay a fair shipping amount to Vpost.
I have registered with V-post.The American address is on Address 1 and my account is on Address 2.
Do you mean when i buy a product in America,remove address 1 and insert Address 2?
What is the reason for address 1?

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by sgpu »

Apologies, i myself stopped at registration
lol

Perhaps you can share with me your progress later

=)
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

abk
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by abk »

I placed an order( my Dad actually )with Amazon UK for a Abu Garcia 706 closed face reel on the 18th of
August and Vpost delivered that reel to my house this morning.That reel was shipped from Amazon UK to Vpost UK,then from Vpost UK to Vpost Singapore.In total it took 12 working days to reach me.Image

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by sgpu »

nice!

thanks for all the sharings.

yea i completed my registration.

there is an extra identity number attached to your name. you have to peg that number together with your register name. yes it looks weird. but that that's how its handled.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

abk
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by abk »

That is all i can share with all of you.(How to buy items online and delivered to you)I can only tell you what i was told.
My Dad did not want to tell me the proper procedure and i know for sure that it is not as simple as
clicking on Buy,check-out,fill address,pay and wait for item to be delivered to you.
Thanks for all the feedback given.

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

Nice....but if that thing jams its going to be much harder to untangle compared to a spinning.
Spinning is much better for beginner though.....i did see some at joe's fishing tackle shop (beach road), but i guess this will do you will enough.
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

abk
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by abk »

limfish wrote:Nice....but if that thing jams its going to be much harder to untangle compared to a spinning.
Spinning is much better for beginner though.....i did see some at joe's fishing tackle shop (beach road), but i guess this will do you will enough.

Just a few things i can tell you about the Abu 706 after using the reel.The reel came with a nice box,which can double
as a soft drinks cooler.It also came with One deep and Three shallow reels.There is no need to worry that the line will jump out of the spool because the reels have a groove on both sides for chenilles to be inserted in the grooves.These chenilles
goes all round the reels and it takes up the clearance between the spool and reel cover.In the reel box there are 12 strips
of chenilles as spare.The most different feature in the reel is the drag.When the drag is set and you are fighting the fish, and if the fish pulls too hard,just turn the cranking handle backwards a bit and the drag is decreased by 50 percent,by that feature you don't have to turn the drag knob manually while fighting the fish.

limfish
Line Mastery
Line Mastery
Fishing interest: Tactics that provide a challenge.

Post by limfish »

woah....thats impressive....But i guess its abu....german engineering.
Must be the "BMW" of the spincast world?
Urrrgh, no time to fish now~

abk
Lucky Newbie
Lucky Newbie

Post by abk »

limfish wrote:woah....thats impressive....But i guess its abu....german engineering.
Isn't Abu from Sweden?and now in China.

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol

Post by sgpu »

abk wrote:
limfish wrote:woah....thats impressive....But i guess its abu....german engineering.
Isn't Abu from Sweden?and now in China.
that's 'limfish' you are talking to :lol:
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???