FW3?

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: freshwater fishing and occasionally sea fishing
ask me anything about freshwater fishing and i will try to answer them :D

FW3?

Post by patrick2405 »

hi all had some problems at FW3. whole 12 hours only 1 patin, nothing on fish or liver bought there. however the guy next to me was using kng and caught numerous CPC there and thought of trying but does anybody know what rig and bait is best for what fish and at which spots? :o

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Re: FW3?

Post by Vidic »

Spot wise, Trial and error I would say. That's what fishing is about ! One thing u gotta take note when using chicken liver as it does drop off quite easily when casting. Using chunk of it does not really helps as far as I tried. You tend to have a difficult time setting hook when the fish strikes or pull slightly. The fishes there are pretty cautious when it comes to taking your bait. Maybe u would like to share what are your difficulties landing the fish?
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

So far i realise when i use liver i only get patin and small catfish there. If you want RTC you have to go to the side where the pump and cage is...i saw some guy's using sotong and bread and they manage to land chao praya catfish. Maybe you can try using some stinky stuff as bait

patrick2405
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: freshwater fishing and occasionally sea fishing
ask me anything about freshwater fishing and i will try to answer them :D

Post by patrick2405 »

Vidic wrote:Spot wise, Trial and error I would say. That's what fishing is about ! One thing u gotta take note when using chicken liver as it does drop off quite easily when casting. Using chunk of it does not really helps as far as I tried. You tend to have a difficult time setting hook when the fish strikes or pull slightly. The fishes there are pretty cautious when it comes to taking your bait. Maybe u would like to share what are your difficulties landing the fish?
yupps liver flies off when i cast. so far have been using float, apollo rig and LSBF. for fish i use half of it on LSBF and there are some big bites but none big enough for hookups :rant:

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Post by Vidic »

If you wanna go float, u probably need to use live prawn, that's to target kims, and there are certain spots they roam.
For lsbf, the leader that connects out to the hook need not be too long as its not very deep.
What hook size are using ? The big tug is when they took your bait ! U gotta react fast ! You gotta set your hook hard, as your hook is debark.
Try small chunks of chicken liver with ssbf. It's more secure and would have lesser chance to fall off during casting.
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis