Paste Bait....

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Crabbing,Inshore,Jetty and Pond Fishing...

Paste Bait....

Post by Newguy »

Was juz wondering does anyone knows where can i get paste bait ingredients or how i can do paste bait...
I have watch youtube but all its hows is that i hv get certain stuff which i have no idea where to get it...
Sorry to confuse u coz I'm still new to this sport...

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Paste Bait....

Post by Peace »

Hmm, I'm not too familiar with paste baits. I don't think I've seen ready made ingredients from tackle shops either. What species of fish are you trying to catch with the paste bait?

Newguy
Accurate Striker
Accurate Striker
Fishing interest: Crabbing,Inshore,Jetty and Pond Fishing...

Post by Newguy »

Tilapia for my aquarium collection..

Tried bread and earthworm till now not even a single hook on from them...
So tried looking up in youtube a got a few video but all was using paste bait so was wondering can anyone tell me ways of making paste bait or where can i find paste bait...
Sorry to confuse u coz I'm still new to this sport...

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Tilapias are omnivorous so paste baits should technically work, I am surprised that you the tilapias refused your bread and earthworms. May be you can try berlying some of your bait to get them into feeding mood. Also if they're in courtship or nesting, they won't be too interested to take your bait.

Paste baits have varied ingredients but most uses flour and certain oil and spices for strong scent to attract the fish. You should be able to get them from most supermarkets, NTUC Xtra/Finest outlets are good places to start with.