Peacock bass fishing questions

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

DMCY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type

Peacock bass fishing questions

Post by DMCY »

Does anyone know a place with many PB's? And what method of fishing is best for catching them?

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Peacock bass fishing questions

Post by Peace »

If there is one, it's probably not a legal fishing area and shouldn't be discussed here anyway. :lol: All our reservoirs have well stocked Peacock Bass, the problem is the legal areas don't have the most conducive conditions to attract the fish to come near. But with some luck and patience and at the right time, you may some times find surprises that you may find more rewarding than those who tread across the legal line.

DMCY
Line Untangling
Line Untangling
Fishing interest: Any type

Post by DMCY »

how to get to lower pierce reservoir? I heard there are many pb's there but i dont know how to get there

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

You can check the map at Street Directory. Depending on how and where you're travelling from, if you're taking public transport you should take a train to AMK Mrt station and take bus 169 to Upper Thomson Road. Alight after the Caltex station and take the small road beside the Petrol Kiosk into the park.

poroto
Commercial Representative
Commercial Representative
Fishing interest: I fish exclusively with a yoyito hand line reel. Whether from a kayak, bank, pier or a boat I'm on the water at least three times week.

Post by poroto »

South of lake Okeechobee in Florida there a lots of peacock bass, they are not native to this area but they are thriving. They are considered vermin and there are no protections for them, in fact the state encourages anglers to harvest them. I've caught them on jigs, soft-plastics (worms, swimmers, etc) but I'm sure they'll probably will take worms, grubs and frogs too.
Simple hand line reels for real fishing.
www.fishingyoyito.com