Sedili Trip

Post all fishing related questions here such as tackles, fishing techniques, rigs, fish ID, etc. All the technical stuff about fishing.

Moderator: Handlinefishing

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Sedili Trip

Post by Burpp »

Hi all,
will be heading to Sedili this April, just got a Expert Graphite PE2-4 rod was thinking of PE3-5 but end up getting the 2-4. Any Intro of Overhead reel to pair with it? I have a budget of $200-$300 for the reel, currently only the AVET and Torium 14 caught my eyes. Any decent reel to intro?

Thanks

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Re: Sedili Trip

Post by Peace »

Both are very suitable reels, but Avet probably has lever drag only. So you have to decide which drag system you want first. Daiwa saltist comes into the price range too and are available in both drag system too.

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Post by Vidic »

Do cautious that if you are fishing during the night you might need a heavier setup for sinkers.

Both are fine, i would say it depends on what spec reels you are into.

Avet probably has around gear 5, rough feel reeling, light weight.
Gear 5/6 for saltist(older model), heavy weight, smooth reeling with reasonable power, weak drag.
Gear 6 for torium, kinda lack of ease of reeling and power, reasonable weight.

There are probably some low profile reels(not the popular brands) out there which are equally good, you might want to take a look. I remember seeing them at deep sea or LE Anglers.

I do own a saltist 40H with me and i would prefer saltist :p(You could consider a smaller version, probably 20 or 30) The worst i have used is torium 20 follow by avet for its light weight which you could jig all da long with it with reasonable reel power(i have used its sx series)

Happy shopping :p
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis

Burpp
Line Untangling
Line Untangling

Post by Burpp »

End up I got myself a Accurate 400

Peace
Site Editor
Site Editor
Fishing interest: Handline fishing

Post by Peace »

Accurate is a very robust and powerful reel, good choice. I bet it exceeded your budget! ;)

sgpu
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: luring, parking, bottom

Post by sgpu »

you can always grab a 2nd hand.

however from what i'd gathered in the past, A.O. do not warrant the once the first owner sells it off.
若要人不知, 除非己莫为

'tio bo'???

Vidic
Forum Patrol
Forum Patrol
Fishing interest: Sports Fishing

Post by Vidic »

A deep pocket is always better. Care to share some pics and specs :)
Fishing is unquestionably a form of madness, but happily, for once bitten, there is no cure. --Francis